Chapter 138: Spreading

Eda's P.O.V.

Now I'm inside the castle! Now where could Hunter be? This is gonna drive me nuts- but when turning around to a corner is an obvious and instantly noticable group of corpses along with some ink on the ground. And a lot of it. Did someone's pen explode? Too much ink for one pe- 

From somewhere within the area is huge scream of pain. Hunter! Immediately I flap my wings in preparation to fly with lightning speed to find wherever he could be. Have to find where the sound is coming from... And to my luck, flying where I presumed the sound could be, there is Hunter, backing away from a huge beast. His leg being heavily injured. And while backing away, the monster uncontrollably coughs near him, coughing out that black 'ink' I saw. Some of the black liquid splatting onto the wound and entering his bloodstream.

Without thinking twice, I grab him before things get worse, and turn to fly away, heading for one of the windows, and able to get out. Even in the air, I can feel Hunter's heavy breathing. "The hell happened in there?! How did that get in the castle?!" Is all I can think to say, questioning whatever I saw.

Never seen anything like it. Reminds me of my original owl beast form. "That was Belos." Is all he has to answer with. "You mean that thing's The Emperor?!" He just nods before adding more. "He's cursed. He needs more palisman to keep the curse at bay-" But he stops himself from talking with a gasp, then looking at his injured leg, then saying to himself "F#ck, f#ck, f#ck, f#ck..." 

"What now? We got away. We just need to out a healing glyph on you-" "No, you don't understand! Now I'm cursed!" But can curses happen like that? I know they can be bestowed onto someone but was it the injury or the black stuff falling into the wound? Like spreading disease?"

"But maybe you're not cursed. You don't know if that's how curses can be spread." "But what if you're wrong?" I don't know what to say. But can a curse work like that? And how do we know? Maybe if I put a gem on him? "Just put me down somewhere. I might eat you, Raine and King while you sleep."

"No. We're going home, and you'll be just fine." Flying forward and soon seeing that familiar house, there's something I need to tell Hunter. "Hunter." With hesitation, he responds with "Yeah?" "You're grounded."

(Spelling? And should the curse work like that? And whatever would Edric think)