Chapter 177: A chip off the ol tree

Edric's P.O.V.

After that whole scene, everyone aside from Hunter go to the living room, talking about what happened. And me being me, I decide to say something... "I- well Hunter told me something. I don't know if he'd want anyone else to know, but I should say it. You know how he could only grow antlers and couldn't turn into the wendigo? The wendigo may have told him if he doesn't eat palisman wood, he can't transform."

"He didn't take the deal, did he?!" Luz questions while Eda looks away momentarily before looking back at me. "Actually, this is how I'm able to transform. I made a deal to eat voles. And I still do!" Oh boy. "But Hunter said he saw a tree when he first got out off the transformation. What if we dig up that tree, and bring it back here?" 

Eda shakes her head at this. "But where even is it?" And that's when Gaia speaks. "I know where that is." We all look to her. "Why didn't you tell us this before? Those trees have become so rare." Is Raine's question. "Because I didn't think it was that important." She brushes off before standing up. "I could use plant magic. To dig it out and bring it here. Everyone wins." She steps to go outside while Hunter follows.

I grab his hand, curious. "Are you sure about this, Hunter? I thought you'd hate becoming the wendigo." "At first I did, but not anymore." But he says so with a slightly quickened pace of talking, like he's trying to brush something off and just get this over with. I let go of his hand, knowing he actually accepts the curse now. But faster than I thought he ever could. It took so long for Eda to accept hers fully, but now Hunter seems to be fully accepting his too. Don't know if it's normal to accept it this quickly.

And with that, he walks off to the woods, the two ready to look for the specific tree for that deal. But what if he eats the tree till there's nothing left? You can't find them just anywhere. But with that, I wait while momentarily glancing to the window, seeing the damage caused by Hunter and amity's whole squabble. And that's when I notice the day getting later and later as the minutes pass.

(Spelling errors?)