Chapter 145: Aggressive deer

Edric's P.O.V.

"Amity. Why'd you come along. You know Luz isn't coming today." "I know. But what about Hunter's curse. It's been a couple days. And if he's actually cursed, something bad might happen." No way! He'll be fine. "He'll just be a pretty deer. I think I can handle it." Amity looks away all nervous but glances down at what I brought with me. "What the hell, I'll just ask it. Why'd you bring a saddle?" And with pride, I answer "If he's actually cursed, and gets the deer form tamed, I wanna ride him like Azura rides her trusty steed."

She just face palms but gasps as I do once hearing Hooty's voice. "Edric! Amity! He's busy!" Obviously referring to Hunter while being very bossy. "Is it because the curse? I told him I'm not scared!" But Hooty shrieks at us this time. "HE NEEDS PEACE AND QUIET!" Damn! Even I'm quieter than that! 

"Hooty!" It's good to hear his voice. "Be q... Be-" Having trouble talking? Please tell me he's just eating.. And a sight shown before my eyes is Hunter leaning out the window beside Hooty and coughing. Coughing and coughing while a black liquid drips from his mouth. Now coughing more with the liquid no longer dripping but now pouring out. Either spilling on the grass and dirt, or to the wall. 

Seeing this, I drop my staff. "Hold on! I'm coming up there!" I open the door and dash inside, then going to Hunter's room to find him leaning through window, wheezing in pain. I walk carefully to him, ready to rub his back but he puts his head up, holding a hand to the side of his head. And he backs away from the window till noticing me. "Edric! Get out!" Though I can tell he's desperate for me to leave, he sounds so tired. Like he's about to faint. I reach to put my hands on his shoulders, but he just backs himself into a wall.

But getting closer is when I notice the white of his eyes going from white, to grey and then to a pitch black as something morns on both sides of his head... At first I mistake them for sticks growing on his head, but now I know they're antlers...

I just stay there frozen. Frozen because I don't know whether to help or just remain still. Eventually, the handsome witch I knew becomes this unfamiliar beast of a deer. Tall, thin, black goo seeping from it's mouth and eyes while the antlers grow sharp.

(How is it?)