Chapter 156: Send me back to Belos

Luz's P.O.V.

And another few days have passed! And with Mama's permission, I was able to get into the portal. First priority was to go to Amity and bring her to Eda's as I obviously wasn't a welcome guest in her house. 

.

.

.

Not long before we make it back with her being greeted by the residents besides Hunter. "How's the curse?" Is all I can ask, hoping it hasn't gotten worse. "He actually tamed it! It took a lot of tries, but he did." Is Raine's answer. But Eda shows a frowning expression. "When he first tamed it, he had trouble getting out of his wendigo transformation. But then I taught him how to get back to normal... But right now, he's back to his moody self." This raises one of my eyebrows.

"Did something happen?" Raine and Eda glance to each other before back to us. Raine is the one to spill. "He went through a breakup." I immediately put my hands to both sides of my head. "But Edric and Hunter seemed to fit so well together!" How can he be taking this? Immediately, not asking any more questions, I rush up to his room while hearing Amity's footsteps behind me.

"But he can't take it this badly, right?" Amity tells me, trying to fill me with optimism, to which I nod. "You're right. He spent most of his life with Belos. He tamed the curse. Came close to death multiple times. What's a breakup gonna do to him?" 

And just as I open the door... Hunter is lying down while listening to edgy music, still in his pajamas even if it's 1PM. And King is sitting on top of his belly while holding a scroll which Eda must've given to him. "Someone send me back to Belos..." And in the most gloomy voice.

"Well... At least he's got a good taste in music." Is all I say, trying to make best of this situation. Walking over to his scroll, I read the title of the song. It's called 'Choke'. Is this what it's like to breakup?!

I start by taking King of his belly as that's probably lightly suffocating him. Amity steps forward. "Somehow, Edric's still more dramatic. ... But... Why did you two split?"

"He's scared I'll kill him if I turn into the wendigo. Put King back on me. Slowly suffocating makes the pain more easy to handle." I pull Hunter up while Hooty inappropriately bursts through the doorway. "What's going on? hoot!"

(If Hunter ever goes through a breakup, he'd probably be too sad to move or completely snap.)