Objection At Its Finest

Hello there! This is my first collab with my friend @LatishaZ22 and I'm quite excited about this beautiful trainwreck so enjoy!

"Where's Skylor's invitation?"

"Probably under all the other invitations."

"But I can't find it!"

Jay sighed before he, once again, started to rummage around the pile of invitation cards on the big dining table. He knew Nya liked to be stubborn, but come on, they had just gone through the last cards!

After being betrothed for well over a year, the couple finally decided to tie the knot. As the two had announced they were ready to get married, the others were all pretty shocked. That might have been because they had agreed on not taking any fast steps after Jay had proposed, but it seemed like their minds had changed.

Kai and Nya and Jay's parents were the first ones to know, of course. They had offered to help in any way possible, but the couple didn't want them to. It was their special event which they wanted to take care of, themselves.

Master Wu, Pixal and the rest of the ninja were the next ones to know. Whereas Zane and Pixal were very happy for the two and offered their help and immediately started to look for good wedding venues, Lloyd and Cole had their own little battle on who would become Jay's best man. To make them shut up, the Blue Ninja threatened to choose Kai if they kept arguing which quickly made them fall silent.

The next thing Jay had known was Cole telling him which cake to choose. Typical.

"Here it is." Jay said absentmindedly as he handed Nya a blue envelope with 'Skylor Chen' written on it. He heard her sighing in relief, but he didn't have any time to comment on how much she was worrying because another blue envelope caught his eye.

He frowned as he read over the name.

"Nya?" He asked, still looking at it. He tried to open the envelope, but it was already glued shut.

"Yeah?" She asked back.

He then held the item in his hand up to her face to see. "I didn't know Murtessa would be invited?" He raised an eyebrow.

"Oh," Nya said as she took the envelope out of his hand. "I wanted her to attend."

Jay was taken aback now. "Why?! You don't like her."

The Master of Water snorted. "Of course I don't. I just want her to know how far we've come."

"So you're doing this out of spite?"

"You could say it like that." She threw the envelope back onto the pile in front of her.

Jay sighed, grabbing it again. "I don't think it's a good idea, Nya."

"Why not, Jay?"

"Because that whole incident happened a while ago. I'm sure she's already over it. Besides, I don't really wanna see her." He shuddered at even the thought of being in the same room as Nya and Murtessa.

Then he took one of Nya's hands in his and rubbed her knuckles. "You need to let go of the past." He smiled.

Nya sighed, nodding. "Fine. But I still don't like her."

Jay laughed, standing up. "I know. I gotta go to the bathroom, could you pack these into the bag?" He looked down at the pile.

Nya smiled. "Sure."

She watched as he walked out of the room. Just before she wanted to start packing, she realized Murtessa's invitation was left on Jay's chair. Despite her own mind yelling at her to not do it, she grabbed the envelope and packed it into the bag along with the other invitations.