Sick Day - Nya Edition

"Good morning." A cheerful voice shouted.

"Jay, how can you always be this motivated every morning?!" Kai asked the Blue Ninja.

Kai and Cole were the first ones to wake up that day. They simply just set a wrong alarm clock for like twenty minutes earlier than required and were now sitting in the living room.

"I don't know." Jay just shrugged it off. "I feel like this day's gonna be a good one. I can feel it." He said cheerfully while placing himself on the couch right next to Kai.

"Yeah, you're right." Kai agreed. "It's Zane's turn to make breakfast today."

This is when Cole interfered. "Hey, don't tell me you didn't like my sushi rolls I made yesterday!"

Jay and Kai looked at each other. Then, Kai spoke up. "Cole, buddy. We're not saying your cooking is bad-"

"Yes, we are." Jay interrupted.

Kai just gave Jay a death glare, then he continued. "We're just saying that sushi rolls aren't really... your thing." Kai tried to keep it as painless as possible.

Cole let out a loud and fake sigh. "I know," Then he looked both of his friends in the eyes, smiling sheepishly. "But I could ask Lloyd to switch turns with me for dinner today."

Kai and Jay's eyes filled with fear. They looked at each other, begging the other one to say something, but of course no one spoke up. Cole laughed. "I was just kidding."

The two frightened Ninja let out a breath they were both holding in.

Then suddenly, they heard footsteps approaching them. All three looked at the door, only to see a very sleepy Water Ninja wrapped up in a thick blanket.

"Looks like someone's still sleepy." Kai said smilingly.

After her brother's remark, Nya looked at the couches to see her friend, her brother, and her boyfriend all staring at her with smiles on their faces. She sighed. "Morning." Then she went over to one of the cupboards in the room, opened it, took out a blue mug, and poured in some coffee. Then, she commanded some water from out of her hand to get into the mug. After that, she walked over to her brother.

She held out the mug to him. "Could you heat this up, please?" She asked sleepily.

"Of course." Her brother took the mug and warmed it up in his hands.

"You look like you haven't slept in ages, Nya." Jay stated.

She looked at him. "I guess I just couldn't get enough sleep."

"Here." Kai said while handing her the mug. It was pretty warm, but not too warm to burn her taste buds off.

She thanked him and plopped onto the couch next to her boyfriend. After taking a few sips, she put the mug on the coffee table.

"Are you sure you're alright?" Cole asked worriedly.

"Yeah, why wouldn't I be?" Nya asked back.

"First, you usually don't wake up this early, let alone go to bed late. Second, you've not even changed into your gi, you're wrapped in a giant blanket. And third," Jay put his hand on her forehead. "You're burning hot. And I don't even mean it romantically this time."

She took a quick glance at him, then back at the mug she put down. "Jay, I'm fine." She muttered.

"Sis, are you sure?" Kai knelt down in front of her, blocking her vision from the mug. "You don't really look like you're fine." He stated carefully, he didn't want to make her upset.