Epilogue

[ Sanctum Sanctorum ]

Strange was looking inside the basement-only now did he realize how terribly out of state it was. He really thought he had cleaned it over the few days he had.

All of the rocks and artifacts scattered around in random places. It was as if a battle had commenced inside; which was the case a few days ago. He was now thinking about all of his free days after today, until he was brought back into reality by Wong.

-The basement was hardly the important thing to be discussed right now.

Peter (Tom) was standing broken and near-death. MJ and May were just near him, trying to give him space but close enough that they could support him if he ever gives in. It had been rough day, especially after the Battle at Liberty. He gave it his all and yet... it wasn't enough.

They had been waiting for a call from Happy who was going to Liberty himself and contacting officials about the scene. Every police in the New York were either going to Liberty Island or on the hunt for Spider-Man. There was no in-between.

"He's not going to make it out of here." Strange told Wong, who gave him a look of curiosity. "Everyone will be hunting him. He either has to move somewhere else or stay here at the Sanctum for the rest of his life."

Wong didn't like where he was going. "Don't tell me..."

"Do you want the kid to live his life as an outlaw or a normal one? I want you to answer me that."

"You've messed the spell up once, doing it again-"

"Oh, trust me, Wong. You think I could sleep sound knowing I messed that spell up." Strange mentioned. "I already lost sleep when the bastard broke into the Sanctum."

"They broke in the Sanctum?!" Wong, furious, was now tensely staring at Strange.

"Pretend I never said that." Strange sighed, "The fact is that I can do the spell. I won't mess it up. I'm not doing it to one-up you-I'm doing it as a favor for the kid."

"You shouldn't delve too much into the kid's world. What if he doesn't want it?"

"I'm going to make him take it." Strange looked at Wong. "Because I actually want him to have a life. I know what it feels no longer having a place in the world; a second chance can solve that. I can solve that."

"Well..." Wong gulped, "I'll allow it this once, Strange."

"Call it even?"

"Granted."

Strange got off the wall and walked towards Peter (Tom). He was still shaken up from the battle, and MJ and May hadn't moved a muscle since earlier. This was the time to break the silence so that Peter (Tom) could at least move on with his life.

"Pete-" Strange was cut off by a sudden sound.

Ring. Ring. Ring.

Peter (Tom) grabbed the phone on the table and answered it. He didn't even need to check who it was. Once the call picked up, the voice of Happy sounded off the device.

"Hey, kid. I'm uh... at South Cove. I'm getting some officers here and..." There was a melancholy tone coming from him. "They got Beck. Or... what you guys would call it-his variant. And... they got another causality. Blown up by shrapnel. I'm... sorry, kid. I wish I could've done something."

"I-it's okay, Happy. I'm-" Peter (Tom) glanced off to the side where Strange was standing with a face of determination. "You've done more than enough for me. You've helped me so many times... I'm really thankful."