Chapter 15.3

[ New York ]

It had just gone dark

It had just gone dark. Undoubtedly, the blackout started from Chinatown. However, he managed to get out of Manhattan and began swinging into suburbs. Due to his experience all those years ago, he was rather experienced in the streets of the suburbs.

He had heard that a temporary Avengers facility was being built for storage and a place for their headquarters. Ever since the original Avengers compound was blown up, they needed to relocate. Now that they've been staying in upstate New York again, they've been regretting ever selling the Avengers Tower.

And by Avengers, they only mean a few people. Maria Hill would drop by every once and a while; some original Avengers take a swig or two inside the facility. Basically, nobody's inhabiting it right now.

That means Peter (Tom) had no backup waiting at the facility.

I mean, Captain Marvel or Mr. Banner should at least be there. I'm talking to Doctor Strange, and he won't even help me!

These thoughts went rampant as he reached the facility. It was crossed off by a very futuristic fence, but a single web-sling over it did the trick. He was sure that he was being tracked by his every movement, but he was at least recognized as a real Avenger since he wasn't getting shot at that moment.

The distance of the fence and the new facility was half the size of the last one. This meant Peter (Tom) got there quicker. Landing on the roof, he scanned the area. The field, the forest, the lake beside them—he tried to see if there was any trace of the villains.

"E.D.I.T.H, scan the area. Do you still have the trace of eight limbs?" Peter (Tom) carefully watched his surroundings. However, it was just quiet.

—Too quiet.

"Scan failed. Unknown variable blocking perception." E.D.I.T.H. reported.

"Variable?" Peter (Tom) dragged his feet across the pavement of the roof. "E.D.I.T.H, is there anything wrong with the atmosphere?"

"Unavailable. Scanning software unable to read atmosphere."

"What—" He didn't really know what was causing E.D.I.T.H—one of the world's most advanced A.I's—to not be able to scan the environment. There was something more. "What's the shift on this facility?"

"There's always a shift, Peter."

}{ }{ }{ }{ }{

"E.D.I.T.H! FILTER THE SUIT!" Peter (Tom) panicked, getting into his pose. The A.I. did as the kid asked, switching the oxygen. As it was switched, the entire place was different from what he was seeing.