Chapter 18

[ ยภ๔เรςɭ๏รє๔ ɭ๏ςคՇเ๏ภ ]

The sound of electric waves.

Peter (Tom) coughed, trying to get a hold of himself as he dragged himself through the concrete floor. When he had realized he was actually conscious, he looked around to find out what was happening.

It was a dark, foggy place. You couldn't see anything in the distance. It appeared he was in the cave, exemplified by the rocky floor and ceiling. However, it was being lived in. There was a forcefield that was stopping Peter (Tom) from even trying to exit.

—A silent but deadly cage.

Trying to look for someone to converse with, it was in the form of a sat-down, one-handed scientist in his trench coat, jotting down notes on his paper. Seemingly, he had noticed the teenager who had found out of his presence.

"Peter, right?" The scientist asked calmly, putting his pen down. "Glad I could meet you... like this."

"Wh—who are you." Peter (Tom) shook his head, trying to remember a name that could have resembled him.

"I am Dr. Curt Connors. You can just call Mr. Connors; however, I believe we've met before."

"We have?"

"I assure you, Mr. Parker... I may not have remembered it but you certainly do." Connors said, crossing his legs and fixing his glasses.

Putting two and two together, Peter (Tom) realized. "You're that reptile dude, from the facility and court."

"I would like to call it a regenerative method for whenever I feel like being four-limbed." Connors smiled, chuckling at the statement. "I've noticed something about you, Parker. Even with six people that deeply hates you, myself included, chasing you around a less than 15-mile island, it's a blessing that you haven't been killed."

"Well, why won't you kill me now? I'm right here for you to take." Peter (Tom) said, not expecting the response.

"Yes, well..." He took off his glasses. "Your life doesn't equate to the importance of our goal—the gate to the Multiverse."

"And? What's the purpose of the stupid Multiverse?" Peter (Tom) shrugged, "And what does it have to do with me?"

"Your existence now matters to your extinction for the future." Connors showed a smug, knowing the situation in his hands very well. "I hate to be doing this, Parker; I hope you know that. I might be the one who hates you the least here."

"Why do I feel like there's a but?"

"—But, it doesn't bode well with me that you killed me, so..." Connors tilted his head, showing a face that said 'it is what it is.'

As much as he wanted to continue his conversation with Peter (Tom), an unexpected visitor appeared out of the shadows. The man with the fresh yellow jacket appeared, tapping Connors to his shoulders.

"Hey, doc, any news on what we're going to do with this one?" Dillon pointed at Peter (Tom), expressing his joy at him. "How much blood do we need from him?"

"That's what I'm trying to calculate."

"And why his blood though? Can't we just pluck someone off the street? Or any of his Multiversal doppelgängers?"