Chapter 22

[ New York ]

—The time was near

The time was near.

Octavius laid the Multiversal device inside the torn-down building. It wasn't too sturdy or welcoming, but it was the best thing they could have found in that situation. The villains had surrounded it, finally being able to find a place to settle to prepare for the final step.

—The activation.

Although the device was near completion, they were missing some key components. Mainly, they were missing a conduit to connect Dillon's power to the power needed by the device and the liquid that would detect that they were opening the Multiverse—Peter's (Tom) blood.

At least at that point, the scientists were sure that the device they had created was perfect. Connors and Osborn were marvelling at their creation, while the rest were roaming around their temporary base. To Octavius, there was a sense of familiarity with it.

"What now?" Octavius stated to them, who were looking at him cluelessly, "We have the reactor. How are we going to charge it?"

"You tell me, Octavius. You're one of the brightest minds out there." Connors mentioned, setting down beside a table. He gestured for Dillon to settle his chemicals beside him. "What would you do to power a device of that capacity?"

"Then I would need the same electricity source as the one powering Manhattan." Octavius scoured the room for any suggestions, to which there was none. "What conduit could possibly power that? It needs to be something that is made of metal and is easily chargeable. Where do you plan on doing that?!"

"Woah, woah... Octavius. Calm down." Osborn interrupted approaching him.

" Osborn interrupted approaching him

"You need to rationalise." He continued, circling the eight-limbed man.

"Enlighten me." Octavius told.

"You're thinking small again, Octavius! Think!" Osborn begged, lightly tapping his shoulder. "What can power this? I know you know."

"..." Suddenly, an idea popped into the great mind of Otto Octavius. "—you can't possibly—"