Chapter 11

[ New York ]

"That's right folks, Spider-Man, has gone missing for the second time—this week! You'd think that menace would stay at home; especially if his trial is on Saturday! But he isn't, and now he's wandering around in the streets of New York!" Jameson r...

"That's right folks, Spider-Man, has gone missing for the second time—this week! You'd think that menace would stay at home; especially if his trial is on Saturday! But he isn't, and now he's wandering around in the streets of New York!" Jameson reported, flipping through his notes. "And because I'm a truthful reporter, I'll give a hundred dollars to whoever brings Spider-Man to my doorstep! Only a hundred dollars, you say? This is for New York! Imagine the justice and safety we'll feel once we capture that men—!"

Peter closed MJ's phone, giving her a chuckling look. MJ returned the favour, giving out a slight laugh. She placed her two hands under her chin, as Peter—in his Spider-Man suit without the mask—was walking back and forth with his glasses on.

"You know, you really shouldn't be listening to Jameson. I thought we're on the same side?" Peter joked, scanning the area. "And seriously, a hundred dollars?"

"What do you mean only? The 'justice and pride' is what makes it even." She sarcastically said, standing up. "Are you sure they're there?"

"E.D.I.T.H." Peter called, as a virtual map appeared before them. It traced the sand all the way there. "I'm hoping the tracking device Mr. Stark put in here is accurate enough."

MJ crossed her hands together. She wasn't sure of this. He was going to be walking into an unknown location—and she wasn't going to be able to do anything if something happens. She was powerless. The only thing she could do was talk him down.

But it didn't work in the Sanctum; she wasn't sure if it was going to work here. Looking at him from her view, he really was just trying to do the right thing. He wanted to let the city know that he wasn't a murderer and a criminal—he's a hero. She still worries about one thing: that he'll forget the difference between Spider-Man and Peter Parker.

"Peter, do you really think you should be doing this?" MJ questioned again, standing beside him now. "You don't know what to expect."