Chapter 17

[ New York ]

The entire room froze—listening to what Osborn had to say.

Judge Batzer was standing up, ready to be escorted out of the court room. The crowd were backing to the sides, trying to not get the attention of the armed men. Even the police were afraid to act, not knowing whether to act or not.

—They got their answer soon after.

"Tsk, tsk." Osborn warned the guards, grabbing a bomb out of his waist. "You don't want some ammonium nitrate in the air, hm?"

Instead, the police kept their weapons at him. Osborn wasn't scared, knowing that he had full control of the situation. Slowly, he was approaching the main suspect of the case—Peter Parker.

Peter (Tom) was still standing near his table alongside Karen Page. Murdock had moved towards their table, nagging at Karen's shoulder.

"I need you to get out of here." Murdock whispered, looking over the table. "Do you have a scarf?"

"Don't tell me you're thinking what I'm thinking." Karen annoying spoke Murdock's thought. His expression did not change. "Matt, we talked about this." She talked softly; even quieter than the murmurs in the room.

"We can't avoid it in a situation like th—"

"—We. Can." She stated, keeping him near the table.

Osborn scanned the front—his target now in his sights. Judge Batzer was leaving her seat, until she was called by the madman himself.

"Ms. Batzer!" Osborn called in a maniacal and insane voice. "What is your ruling?" He activated his bomb, now beeping. The crowd gasped in shock and now screamed for their lives. "Guilty? Or not guilty?"

—In a turn of events, Osborn threw the bomb.

As it flew mid-air, Peter (Tom) jumped to it and knocked it to the wall, creating a large explosion. The wall crumbled—an opening now present outside. This was the moment everyone had been waiting for. The crowd dispersed into the exits while the police opened fire. His armour was impenetrable. The bullets were breaking as soon as they hit the armour.

Judge Batzer was quickly escorted out of the court room, along with the jury and the attendees. Through the crowd, Peter (Tom) peeped MJ's and May's head leaving, as they glanced at him being left behind. They couldn't do anything as they were ferociously shoved out of the room.

"GO!" Murdock told Karen, signalling her to the exit. "TAKE HER!"

Karen did as he said, without saying anything. What she didn't know was that Murdock pulled the scarf on her neck, only noticing it as she was near the exit.

"MATT—!" Her faint scream disappeared as she was pushed by the police to get away.

Essentially, it was only Peter (Tom), Osborn, and a bunch of cops in the room. The cops were keeping their eyes on both targets, making sure none of them escape. After continuous fire, they stopped to reload.

—This gave Osborn the room.

"Ooh..." Osborn chuckled, "Cavalry's here!"

Octavius and the Sand-man entered the building through the hole Osborn made earlier. They hovered over Peter (Tom), looking at the defenceless and armour-less boy.

"Good to see you again, Peter!" Octavius exclaimed, snapping his tentacles at him.

"WHICH ONE, THOUGH!"

—Out of nowhere, Spider-Man (Andrew) came out of the doors and tackled Octavius outside.

"—Argh! Dammit!" Osborn's glider flew to him and hoped on, following the chase between Spider-Man (Andrew) and Octavius.