Chapter 7

[ Sanctum Sanctorum ]

After a few hours, this was suddenly the plan now

"So, we're going to be staying here?"

It was a run-downed room inside the confines of the Sanctum Sanctorum. It was in terrible condition, but had enough room for the three of them. There were surfaces that could hardly pass as cushions. There was a table that looked like it could give way at any moment.

This wasn't the ideal situation for any of them.

"Is he being serious?" MJ complained, throwing her duffle bag onto the table. "Does he actually expect us to stay here?"

"I mean, I guess we have to follow. It's a sorcerer." Ned reminded.

"So?! It's not like he can boss us around. We're grown-ups. We can handle what's outside."

"Yeah, unless if it's supervillains that desperately want to kill us." He sarcastically emphasised.

"And we dealt with Beck. What is worse than that?"

"I don't know, Thanos?!"

"C'mon, if it was a Thanos-type guy, then the Avengers would he showing up at the Brooklyn Bridge. It's something less than that," MJ glanced at Peter, "and it's something more to the point that he doesn't trust Peter with it."

"Any ideas?" Ned asked Peter.

"I—I don't know. I don't know what he could be talking about." Peter leaned on the wall.

"This is just... crap." Ned motioned with his hands an explosion. "There's apparently a 'bad guy' in town and he pockets Spider-Man? Is he even an Avenger?"

"Okay, that's 'kinda low for someone who helped save the universe." Even MJ had to admit.

"Spider-Man!" Ned presented Peter, a living Avenger, that was standing right in front of them.

"Alright, guys, we need to think." Peter began suggesting. "Are we actually going to stay here and wait all week for Stephen to come back—"

"You call him Stephen?"

"—or..." Peter bit his lip and returned to his train of thought. "We can go find the bad guy ourselves and end this whole thing."

"And how do you plan on doing that?"

MJ blurted, "Simple—we track the bad guy."

"Like I said, how do you plan on—"

One of their phones began to ring. They all looked cluelessly at one another, wondering who's device it was. When they tracked the source to Ned's pocket, he took it out and almost answered it.

—It was swiftly denied by Peter pulling it away with one of his web shooters.

Landing on the table, Ned looked at Peter with disgust. "What was that for?"