As strong as the seas are stormy

Pirate! Au • mermaid Sero • no quirks • aged up characters • lone pirate iida •
————————————————————////

Tenya was content with the idea of being on the open ocean. It was a clear, concisive task that he was relatively good at. There was a lot to it, but it was easy and in the end, worth it all the same.

What Tenya didn't anticipate, is how difficult
ÔoI'm his newest bounty would be. He was tasked with bringing back three mermaid scales. Normally this isn't an issue. However, Tenya had no idea if the bounty distributor had been serious or if she was just fucking with him for the purpose of her own twisted entertainment. Guild master Enji had been hard on his crew lately so Master Shouta sent some people over to help out, namely Tenya, his acquaintance Izuku and some blonde named Katsuki would wouldn't just keep his mouth shut.

In the end, Tenya ended up taking a solo bounty to catch a break and that brings him to his current position. He was sitting on the shore, wondering how to help he was going to get mermaid scales.

He picked up a rock, rotating it in his hand before casting out into the shallow ocean, leaving it to splash water all around it. A fin rose around the area that Tenya threw the rock and started making its way towards him at an alarmingly fast pace. The rest of the long, gray, slick fin began to breech the surface and Tenya swore it was a shark, panicking and scrambling to get away and out of the water just in case.

As the fin rose higher, bright yellow and sparkly black scales rose from the water too. The edge of a tale breached the surface as well before Tenya saw it cut back into the water. The fin was much to curved and flowy to have been a shark, because it belonged to what seemed to be a human. There wasn't really much that Tenya could do except sit there in awe and amazement as the creature came up to rest belly-down on the sand, body visible in the shallow tides of salt water, shiny tears very clearly forming at it's eyes from the brightness of the sun.

Tenya snapped back into reality when it flapped its tail down into the water and spoke.

"Oh, hey! What are you doing here? I've never seen you around before, are you new around here?? Oh! By the way, the town is wonderful." The creature spoke. He continued to dredge on and on before introducing himself. "Oh, I forgot! I'm Hanta, Hanta Sero. But you can just call me Hanta! You're very pretty by the way." He mentioned, smiling and grinning as he stared at Tenya, who was still somewhat frozen in shock.

Tenya shook his head and blinked a few times before he pinched himself and winced, deciding that no, he was not dreaming. He stuttered over his words as he tried to ask Hanta the age-old question, but it was hard. He was pretty. Long black ponytail, big bright eyes and a smile that makes even that of an angel's seem poised and fake.

"Are you— are you a—" Tenya continued to stammer and stutter before getting the rest of his sentence out in a huff.

Hanta laughed and smiled, nodding head and humming.

"Haha, yeah, I am! I'm guessing this is the first time you've met one. That's okay! We usually only tend to stay in our pods, so we don't go anywhere else but here." He spoke, saddening at the mention of a pod but smiling again when Tenya got up and walked closer.

They talked and laughed and joked, and Tenya had already fallen in love with the other. All was well until Tenya remembered the bounty, but he didn't want to hurt Hanta for a few scales.

The boy was really pretty, his tail a bright yellow stripe of scales that blended into a sparkly black the longer it went downward. His fin was one of the most amazing things Tenya had ever seen, the edge of it fanning out into two section that were each adorned with bioluminescent anglers all down the outline, about six on each side. There were ornate markings on his neck, chest, back and arms that were most likely bioluminescent as well, and his hair was adorned with pearls and shells and belts of coins, small trinkets and beads, and gems that Tenya guessed he had found over time. Tenya hated to bring it up when the time came.

"Uh, so I actually came here for a—" Tenya started. Hanta cut him off with a smile, hands propping him up in the warm white sands.
"—a bounty? I know. I saw the paper sticking out of your bag over there." He nodded his head towards the bag sitting near the rocks. "I figured if you were kind enough not to kill me, I could help you with your bounty." He reached into the satchel tied around his waist with a seaweed rope, and pulled out a small handful of scales. They were all different colors and none of them matched his. Then, he reached into the pocket on the front and pulled out a few that matched him perfectly.

"There's something I do that keeps us all safe. We collect the scales we lose and give the other's to sailors or bountymen. However, I think you happen to be very pretty, so I'm giving my own." Hanta smiled up at Tenya after he finished and stated that he was content to take his leave, turning around to slither out into the ocean and swim off, but Tenya refused to let him go without doing something first.

"Wait!" Tenya shouted. He walked further into the shallow water and sat down in front of the other again. Hanta looked confused until Tenya reached out with both hands and grabbed his cheeks, pulling his face closer and closer until their lips touched. He moved forward to press his shoulders flush with Hanta's, and lifted himself to sit on his knees.

The kiss wasn't desperate, but it was slowed and filled with words that Tenya may never get the chance to say. The other boy's lips tasted of sea salt but Tenya didn't care.  He kissed him, breathless and lovestruck, until they both were left gasping and searching for air in each other's presence, hands tangled in hair and lips caught in a deadlock. There wasn't much Tenya asked for but he prayed that if whatever god was out there let him have one thing, it would be Hanta.

"Hanta, I think..." he paused, gasping one final time and thinking about his next words before continuing. "I think I've fallen in love with you, beyond the limit of what words can express. I am...completely and utterly enamored with you, and all of the things that make you, you. You are so funny and you have had nothing but the intent to be kind with me this entire time and I think that if I may ever get to see you again, I wouldn't ever want to leave. Will I ever see you again? " Tenya say there for a moment before Hanta smiled and kissed his forehead.

"As long as the seas are stormy, I'll be waiting for you. Anytime at all, I promise I'll be here."