Meeting family - fluff

• American setting, set in Mesa del Caballo, AZ• aged up characters • different last name for Sero •

HeadCannons : I HeadCannon Latino Sero, and that he has at least 3 siblings.
——————————————///
"Tenya, do you HAVE to meet my family?" Hanta whined from the passenger's seat, fiddling with the strings at the hem of his pants and knocking his feet together as they rested against the dashboard of Tenya's car. He and Tenya had pulled into his parents driveway about five minutes ago and Hanta was stalling for time in hopes that Tenya would give up and want to go home. However, Tenya was more persistent about this than Hanta gave him credit for.

"Yes, Hanta. I want to get to know the family of the person I am dating, siblings included. What is so bad about your family that you don't want to get out of the car? You were excited when we left. " Tenya cast a gaze over at Hanta , watching as the boy wound his hoodie strings around his fingers in favor of not messing his pants up anymore than they already were. A tear rolled down his face, slow and shiny and leaving a trail of grey tint behind where the eyeliner mixed with the salty tear. Tenya reached over and kissed it away, grabbing Hanta's hand to bring up and hold between both of his own. Hanta hiccuped as another one fell, head turning to look at Tenya with glossy eyes.

"I just don't want you to think differently of me. My family isn't as put together as yours is, and the house is never clean. And you'll probably hear mamá cussing out the dog because she's being a pest again, and the dynamic is much different than what you're used to. My abuela probably has yarn strung all over the house from her knitting projects and I just don't want you to think that my family sucks." Hanta spilled, tears becoming heavy raindrops in a steady storm of worry. Tenya chuckled as he placed two fingers under Hanta's chin, coaxing him to lift his head up instead of twiddling his fingers.

"Hanta, I could never think that unless they have done something to hurt you. I promise it's going to be okay." Tenya pulled him into a much needed comforting hug, smoothing his ruffled hair out with his hand and placing a kiss to the crown of Hanta's head.

Hanta sat up after reveling in his boyfriend's touch for a moment, sniffling as he unlocked his car door to step out.
———————-///
The steps leading up to the home were rickety, eroding with time. The house was well loved, as one could tell from a first glance, blue paint chipping off the sides as bikes and scooters lay haphazardly against the wooden porch. Beside the screen door was a thermometer, and a family sign sat on the other side, reading "The Marcìño's" with intricate flowering surrounding the words. About one hundred feet out, cacti grew and the clucking of chickens could be heard. Two other cars sat, parked closer to the house. Tenya stopped looking around as Hanta raised his fist to knock, his boyfriend's hand placed soothingly on his lower back as he rubbed his fingers in small, concentrated circles.

From inside, one could hear the pounding of several feet down a flight of stairs and what sounded to be someone yelling about another person putting on some pants instead of just boxers. Hanta sighed, pinching the bridge of his nose and letting out an exasperated noise. He and Tenya had planned to stay a few nights but he was considering just turning tail and leaving.

As the two were about to turn around, the door swung open and out ran a huge German shepherd, collar reading Cleo. She sat at Tenya's feet, staring up at him with curious eyes as one of Hanta's siblings ran to the door.

"HANTA! MAMÁ, HANTA'S HERE!" He screamed as he raced out of the door from the hallway. All Tenya got a chance to see was a flash of dirty blonde hair before Hanta and his brother went flying backward into the porch railing.

"Marco! I missed you! Oh my god, you've gotten so tall, you're almost my height!" The smile spreading across Hanta's face was one that made Tenya crack one of his own, watching the scene before him unfold.