{You, me & the baby P3}

A/N: Guys.... Im so sorry for the wait :c

___

After three months, Lisa suggests that they take a long weekend just the two of them, away from it all, and they go to New York to have some unbridled fun and to clear their head. It's almost six hours in the car, but it's August and they keep the windows down the whole way, and Lisa loves to drive when it's like this. Just her and the summer wind, and Roseanne and the navigation, and all of the sons on their shared playlist.

They had decided that they would try for six months, and if nothing happened, they would reassess. It was a lot on Roseannes body and her mind and her and Lisas finances, and it wasn't anything Rosie couldn't handle, but when Lisa suggested getting away just for a few days, Rosie felt some of the stress that had been building up in her body as she reached the halfway point of the agreement release just a little at knowing Lisa could tell exactly what Roseanne needed. She could always tell.

Chaeyoung sticks her hand out the window, lets her palm ride the waves of the wind, let it catch all the sunshine it can. She realizes that she had forgotten lately, as the blonde watches Lsa take a sip from her root beer she picked up at a rest stop, as she drives down the New York State Thruway, that they are still so young. Roseanne forgotten lately, as she props her feet up on the dashboard and punches her arm every time she sees a cute dog on the road, of how much fun her life with Lisa is. Chaeyoung has been so worried about the time they are running out of, the time they are losing, so distracted with filling their time ahead with something in particular.

It's not that she had lost sight, or took advantage, exactly. But when she reaches over and rests her hand on the back of Lisas neck like she always does on car rides, mindlessly rubbing her ear while she drives, it feels like an alignment, a recalibration, like magnetism, snapping back to exactly where she belongs.

They are only in New York for three days, and they do a lot of the touristy things, they do walk the entire length of Central Park, and go to the top of the Empire State Building where Lisa gets a penny from a penny press machine and she's way more excited about it than anyone over the age of thirteen should be.
They spend an hour or so looking out at the expanse of buildings below them. It's so much more quiet up here than they thought it would be, just the sound of the breeze. The sky is so blue and the sun is so bright and the light ricochets off the buildings, making them glimmer gold. The city sprawls out below them and Rosie can see it all, and it all looks so peaceful, so small from up here, so organized. She thinks, how amazing, that something can be both limited and boundless. She could spend her whole life in this city and not explore every crevice, not turn every corner, not try every restaurant or visit every park. But she could come up here, 103 stories high, she could look at it all, and think 'wouldn't it be something to try.'

On their last night they go to Henrietta Hudson, and it's not Rosies first time at a gay bar, but she gets a little more drunk than she planned, and she kisses Lisa in such a way that has several other women, including the bartender, hollering their approval at them and someone buys Chaeyoung and Lisa drinks and it's so fun. And when the Thai pushes Rosie up against the wall in the bathroom, kisses her hot and unrestrained, and fucks her with two fingers against the sink, Rosie fits her moans into the crook of the younger girls neck and she comes apart on Lalisas hand, with her legs wrapped around her and the blondes nails scratching at the skin of Lisas waist and her shoulder under her shirt.

They haven't done anything this fast and dirty in a really long time, especially in a place that wasn't theirs, and Rosie is slightly embarrassed but mostly buzzing with how perfect it feels regardless. The women at this bar are very keen, because when they get back to their stools, two shots are waiting for each of them from three women near the door, and one of them gives the foreign pair a thumbs up and Lisa laughs when Rosie turns red.