{you}

"So we're not talking?"

Lisa kept drying the dishes Roseanne
handed to her, after she washed them.

"I'll take that as a no." Lisa went to the shelf to place the dried dish there.

Coming back to her place, she insisted again. "Rosie, talk to me, this is ridiculous."

But Chaeyoung still didn't.

That evening they had been having dinner with their friends, the Kim's, who had recently become parents to a little beautiful girl, Ella. Several times throughout the course of the night, the baby subject had come into the conversation: Jennie asking if they were considering it, knowing too well Roseanne was looking forward to it. Jisoo had also made one or two remarks towards Lisa about it, but she always found the way to deviate from the issue, and that drove Roseanne so mad.

It wasn't the first time she did that; actually, every time she tried to come up with it, Lisa would change the subject or make some excuse in order to avoid it.

"For fuck's sake, fine. I need a cigarette."

And with that she walked towards the big kitchen window, standing there with her back to Roseanne as she lit up a fag.

"Yeah, walk away. As you always do." Roseanne uttered quietly.

"What did ya say?"

"Nothing."

Lalisa laughed ironically. "Nah. Say it Chaeyoung, and for that matter, stop being a fucking brat."

"I am the brat?" She got so nervous she let a glass fall from her hands, breaking into a million pieces. But she just didn't care.

"You're the one who can't stand talking about adult shit. Just tell me, tell me you don't want that, be honest with me and stop letting me get my hopes up!"

Roseanne's anger was reflected on the color of her flustered cheeks.

"Oh yeah brilliant. Break things, it's no problem really. We have so much money to waste anyways."

"Stop dodging the fucking bullet!" Chaeyoung screamed, as she had never ever before in her relationship with Lisa, and maybe even her whole life.

Lisa stood frozen and her face went pale.

"God Lalisa, you're the one who doesn't talk to me! I need you to tell me what you think, what you feel, because it's so important to me. I can take a no, I can. But I can't take tiptoeing the fucking subject all of our lives and then become bitter because of it."

They stood in front of each other awkwardly silent for a couple of minutes.

"I don't want to lose you." Lisa finally let out, her voice kind of broken.

"What do you mean? You're not Lili, ever."

"I don't know. I don't know Chae, I've been thinking about it. Of course I'd love to have a family with you. Raising a little girl who looks like you, who talks like you, all sweet and kind and funny, like you. It's just...it's not easy for us. It's difficult and it's expensive. And I'm scared that maybe we'll try and fail and then you'll hate me or you won't be happy with this anymore and I'll lose you." She was visibly panicking.
"What if I'm not enough?"

Few tears came streaming down the Thai's face.

Roseanne went closer to her, took the cigarette off her hand, put it down and held her face between her hands as softly as she could. She kissed her tears away.

"Listen to me, Lisa. Never, in a million years, I would hate you. You could try all you want, I just wouldn't. You're my best friend, and the love of my life, and nothing's going to change that. Having a child with you, would be just a step more, a continuation of this love that I feel for you, something new and equally ours. If we don't get there, I would love you just the same. Maybe even more. Because as long as my days are with you, that's more than enough."

Lisa sniffed as she listened to Rosie attentively.

"I just wanna know if you want to at least try. There's no wrong answer."

"I do."

It was the second most important I do , Roseanne thought, Lisa had directed to her in the course of their lives together.

"Really?"

Chaeyoung felt as she could burst with happiness. It was still scary, of course. But the feeling of joy she was feeling totally overshadowed it.

"I love you so much." Roseanne pulled her into a reassuring hug and Lisa held her tight.

"I love you too, even when you act all bratty."

Chaeyoung chuckled, then licked her already wet lips discovering she was also crying.

They kissed and there was a trail of desperation into it, like a silent cry which said please never let me go.

The younger woman felt it, and she pulled back just to say: "I'm not going anywhere."

Lisa happily sighed.

___

A/N: Credits goes to augustmood