{grieving}

A/N: so let's pretend chaelisa lives above their very own studio/shop where Rosie paints and sells her paintings and Lisa does her photography... a dream come true, right?
Credits goes to the fic's original author 🖤 enjoy!!!

___

Lalisa could sense that something was wrong, but she couldn't quite put her finger on what it was. Over the past few days, Chaeyoung had been quieter than usual, a little withdrawn and a lot clingier.

Lisa would often find Roseanne staring off into space behind the counter of their kitchen as her hands aimlessly arranged the flowers in the vase in front of her. If Chaeyoung didn't seek her out numerous times a day for a hug or a kiss, Lisa would have thought that the problem was her, but it didn't seem to be.

Their relationship was fine, and nothing had changed except that Roseanne had been following her around a little more over the past few days and holding on to her a little tighter than usual, but surely that was a positive sign, right, at least in terms of their relationship.

Lisa hadn't mentioned anything to Roseanne as she didn't want to make her discuss anything that she wasn't comfortable with. They had told each other everything but the Thai still felt that Roseanne was holding onto something and she didn't want her to feel pressured to tell her, so Lisa refrained from asking.

She would just wrap her arms around Rosie and tell her that she was safe and if there was anything she wanted to talk about, she would always be there to listen to her.

Lisa woke up like it was any other day and rolled over to face Chaeyoung. She buried her face into Roseanne's chest and wrapped her arm around her waist and pulled her closer. This happened every morning as Lisa would always wake up first and use the extra few minutes of her time to snuggle into Chaeyoung before they had to get up for the day.

However, what was unusual about this morning was that Roseanne was already awake.

"Good morning, sweetheart" Chaeyoung whispered, her voice a little hoarse but it was not laced with sleep, suggesting that she had been awake for a while already.

Lisa knitted her eyebrows together and looked up at Chaeyoung, "You're awake".

Chaeyoung just hummed in response and kissed Lisa's bangs-covered forehead.

"Are you okay? Do you not feel well? Are you ill?" Lisa asked sitting up a little so that she could get a better look at Chaeyoung's face to see if anything was wrong.

"I'm fine, the sun just woke me up, we forgot to close the blinds" Chaeyoung said wrapping her arm around Lisa and pulling the brunette back into her.

"The sun never usually bothers you" Lisa said, a little confused as to why Roseanne was awake so early as Roseanne hated waking up early and would usually spend as many minutes in bed as she possibly could. However, Lisa gave into Chaeyoung's pulling and allowed herself to snuggle back into her chest and close her eyes as she felt Roseanne's fingers trail up and down her back.

Roseanne was still off that day and Lisa had noticed her staring into space a lot more than she had been doing over the past few days, so she decided to let her finish the day early. Maybe Chaeyoung was just tired from waking up so early and needed a nap, but Lisa sensed that it was something more than that.

"Hey" Lisa said softly as she walked up behind Rosie who was stood behind the easel staring into space in her art studio again, and placed her hands gently on her hips, "I can finish off down here, why don't you go upstairs and have a rest?".