29 | INTRUDER

The silence filling Clay's room is daunting. I don't even hear the laughs of the boys in the kitchen. The only noise being heard is the sound of rain pattering against the house. I get startled each time a knock sounds against the side of the house or against the window.

I don't know what it could be with no trees around his windows but I can only assume it to be a bird or an animal trying to get out of the rain. It's disconcerting. It makes me want to scream for Clay. But I can't.

-----------------------------------

iMessage

Clay: Baby your food is here can you grab the door?

------------------------------------

I climb out of bed and grab the door to be met with a face of horror. A face that fills my nightmares. A face that fills Clay's. A face that absolutely ruined every single god damn thing in our lives. The source of the biggest trauma. A source of fucking hell.

I try to scream but nothing comes out. My mouth is open but no sound leaves through my vocal cords. I am frozen in shock. Frozen in fear. I am fucking trapped inside my own house with nowhere to run.

"You thought I was gone forever. You are sadly mistaken." A maniacal laugh leaves the mouth of the person holding my food.

I try to step back but it feels like cement blocks are encompassing my feet. There is no moving. And even if I could his hand now is clasped around my arm. The grip so tight I feel his nails cutting the skin beneath them. There is no escaping the trap I'm in now.

"Can't even scream for your lover boy to save you? What? Do you think I have a loaded gun I'm hiding?" The man holding me captive laughs again. "I'm not that stupid." He pulls me toward him and spins me so I'm tight against him. His arm tucked under my chin taunting to choke me out.

He walks us towards the kitchen. I try to fight against him but there is no use. I've never been able to fight off any man. I'm stood behind the camera. The boys are too lost with their backs to the camera to notice what's right in front of them.

"Speak." The man holding me says in my ear.

"G— Gu— Guys." I stutter out. All the boys in unison turn towards me and fear raises to their faces immediately.

"You fucker!" Nick screams before Clay even has a moment to process what's going on before him. Nick has always been one to jump right into action. Clay on the other hand takes time to process things. He can't just... see it and act.

"Don't take one step or she's dead." The man holding me says and George reaches for the computer mouse. "Don't end it either. I want the world to know how awful you guys are."

"How awful we are?" Nick speaks again. The only man with enough balls to say a word to the man with a loaded gun to my head. I mean not a literal loaded gun but his arm could be one with one foul swoop and a snap of my neck. "You're the one to fucking talk."

I look at Clay with pleading eyes. I can see his heart shattering before me. He can't do anything. What the fuck can he do? Provoke Tony? That's only going to make it worse. Every time Nick speaks the grip around my throat tightens.

"Tony I will do anything if you just let her go." Clay says softly. He doesn't move an inch he just speaks calmly and softly.

"Tell the world the fucking truth." Tony bites as his arm begins to tighten down hard on my wind pipe. I can't breathe and I can feel my body slipping deep into a panicked state. One lift my feet are off the ground and I'm a goner.