07 | GONE

Everything I built for myself crumbles. It crumbled the moment Clay came into my view. He's got me trapped. It's like trying to escape a maze that has no exit. I'm stuck running in circles chasing something just out of reach. Because freedom doesn't exist in my world. Unless you count having Clay as having freedom. Then I have all the freedom in the world.

As I sit in Clay's lap my mind goes numb of my past few months. Every single memory slips from my mind. It's like I teleport back in time to the point in my life where all I had was Clay and that was it. No Nick. No George. Just Clay.

"Are you sure you want this?" Clay questions as he leads me to my room. I assume he's gone through every bit of my new life. Opened every drawer. Went through every closed door. Found every hidden secret I've kept from the world.

"Clay just shut the fuck up please." I demand through gritted teeth. If this man doesn't stop talking I will change my mind. I will regret every second of it. The guilt will kill me. Lake can't find out. But all that matters right now is Clay and getting what I've wanted back.

"Babe," Clay sounds defeated as he shuts my door behind him. His guilt has kicked in. My words are running through his mind. Me having a boyfriend is taking over his thoughts. Can he hurt another person?

"We can't do this." He drops his head to mine. His hands still holding onto me. His fingers digging into my hips. We can't do this but you can't let go.

I can feel anger filling me. He's goes and pushes me to cheat and then does this. Pushes me away? What was the point in any of this if he wasn't going to follow through?

All this boy knows how to do is hurt me. My life was set. It wasn't perfect by any means but I was starting to grow. Then he comes and slashes me down. All my progress is completely set back. The past few months completely flushed down the toilet.

I press my hands against Clay's chest and shove him away. His hands slip from my skin and I can feel the burn his touch has left behind. "Get out." I point towards the door but he doesn't move. "Get the fuck out of my god damn house Dream."

His name cuts coming out. It feels vile. I hate that name more than anything else in the world. And I know he hates it when I say it. Hurt me? Okay. I'll hurt you back in the only way I know how. It's all I have to hurt him.

"No!" He steps towards me and grabs my wrists. "I'm trying to do the right thing."

"Right thing?" I raise my voice as I try to fight out of his grip. But as we've learned before I can't get free. He's too strong to fight off. "If you were trying to do the right thing you would have stayed the fuck away when you knew I had a boyfriend. But instead you come here. You kiss me. And you make me want you in all the ways I've ever had you."

"What?" I hear a voice that isn't Clay's and my heart drops into my stomach. But even in the moment I don't move. I don't pull away from Clay like I had been. I freeze and look past the boy I love.

"Who is this Gazey?" I swallow hard and shift between the two people in my presence. Clay and Lake.

"Lake— Lake I—" Words fumble from my mouth but I can't seem to say anything meaningful. Lake isn't supposed to even be in town. He just left. Why is he standing in the doorway of my room? Why is he here looking at Clay and I? Why is this happening?

"Why the hell is he kissing my girlfriend?" Lake's eyes jump to Clay. He doesn't even want to look at me. His face reads of disgust. Honestly, he's always been so understand and forgiving that I never even thought anger or frustration existed inside of him. Until now.

"I'm her ex." Clay says softly. He's gone into protect mode. He knows I'm too pussy to stand up for myself. He will do anything to protect me from trauma. Pain not created by him. People. Whatever it is he needs to do, he will do it.