16 | SCREAMS

The house is dead quiet when we enter. Which is normal. Everyone is always lost in the world of their rooms this late at night. Both George and Nick are probably still awake doing god knows what. Sitting at the computers probably talking to each other. I won't ever understand why you'd do that when you're in the same house, but it's how they've always done things. Even Nick and Clay. Hell, I've done it as well.

Clay pretty much has to drag me to our room. Even though he's as dead tired as I am he's still some how accomplishing it. He's got some super power strength to carry my dead ass weight when sleepy. He's always been one to show off. He knows no different.

Clay flicks on the light to his room before dropping my body to his bed. I instantly curl in on myself. I know that Clay wants to join me but he has to put everyone before his own needs. "Come on baby we need to get you out of this hoodie."

Clay pulls my limp body up off the bed as he tugs the hoodie up and over my head. I don't help because I can't. Exhaustion has completely engulfed my body. I can't function. Every single part of me has had enough of the day.

I hear his feet scuff across the floor as he opens his dresser and pulls out a shirt I assume to throw on me. My thoughts are correct when he lifts my body back off the bed and dresses me as if I were a child. He is too good to me... most of the time.

He slides my shorts off and tosses them towards the floor. I hear a few more thumps of other items hitting the floor, as well as the sound of the light flicking off, before the bed shifts around me. I feel his hands tapping around trying to find me. I help him but only in the slightest, curling up into him.

"There's my girl." Clay says softly as he rests his chin against the top of my head. We are snuggled up so tightly, so close together. That not even Patches entering the room would separate us. And that is saying a lot.

Our bodies meld together so perfectly. My mind goes blank, only filling with the openness of a dream, that I hope only involves... Dream himself. Clay follows my actions drifting off into his own land of sleep. For the first time in a long time, I've been able to fall asleep with him, him our bed, completely and fully together.

I wake up to screams. Screams so blood curdling that I wake up in a dripping sweat. I feel like the heat of the room is set to a thousand degrees. But this isn't about me. It's about the man next to me screaming his heart out.

"Baby." I shake his dead body weight. "Clay wake up." I tap his face but he still stays dead asleep. The screams have stopped but now he's just... there. Motionless, silent, oddly peaceful looking. Like he didn't just wake me from a deep sleep.

"Dude what the fuck?" I groggy Nick enters our dark room, popping the light on. The two of us squint as our eyes adjusting to the light. "What the hell just happened in here?"

"You're guess is as good as mine. I was sleeping and then that happened. Whatever that was." I run my hands down my hair that's surely pointing off in every direction. "You know he's a sleep talker but screams have never been his thing really."

"I could hear it from my room." Nick crosses the room and sits down on the foot of the bed. "I'm shocked George hasn't joined us. I mean maybe he's used to Clay's screams."

I shake my head at Nick's joke. "He won't even wake up." I shake Clay again but he doesn't even flinch. He doesn't wake. He doesn't move. He just continues to be a statue. "Probably just a nightmare. I have no idea. Just go back I've got it—"

Clay lets out another blood curdling scream. Nick instantly pops his hands against his ears. I scrunch up my face from the ear piercing noise trying to wake him again. My shakes soothe him back into silence but I don't know how long it will last.