22. Daddy

Jeff's phone rings. He refuses the call.

Reporters have been calling him nonstop. Trying to get a special interview.

His phone rings again. He presses reject button again.

The third time it rang, it got connected even after Jeff pressed reject it. Jeff doesn't realize it's because his phone has been hacked.

It's a video call.

Victor Qin got no expression on his handsome face.

"You okay?" asks him.

"Yeah..."

"I got the video evidence. I have sent it to the police."

"Wait... How? There is no CCTV in that area. That's why those scammers dared to act."

Victor only replies coolly, "I got my way. Stay safe."

The video call ended. Victor doesn't explain he hacked into several CCTVs in a row. He found a shop with large mirrors.

One of the CCTVs recorded the incident through the reflected images.

Jeff smiles. He pokes the system in his mind.

"He likes me, right? At least he cares for me. I got a chance."

The system is silent.

Someone aloof like him won't help Jeff if he got no feeling for him.

A police officer contacts Jeff soon afterwards. He has  received the submitted video as evidence.

He asks, "Do you want to sue the family?"

"Yes. I have another evidence here, officer. I secretly recorded the conversation when the son tried to blackmail me. I will dropby to the police station to submit it."

"Good. This family has been scamming people for years. We haven't got any strong evidence against them."

"It's time to put them away behind bars," adds Jeff.

He calls Baozi and explains everything to him.

Baozi feels relieved. He calls Dong Yun for a drink to celebrate it.

Jeff sighs. His lawyer said it will take almost a million yuans for the court.

It worthy! They tried to harm Baozi. They have ruined too many people. Karma is real.

Jeff sends a message to Victor to treat him dinner. He is going to ask him out.

He waits and waits for half an hour.

No response.

Forget it. Maybe he's busy.

Victor is staring at his phone screen like an idiot. He doesn't know how to reply it.

He could make a computer program in an hour. He could solve math algorithm easily.

He doesn't know how to chat with others.

Finally he only types, "Okay."

Victor exhales. He feels exhausted already after sending the message.

Jeff grins and yells happily. It's his first step to date Victor Qin.

He yawns and stretches his body. At least Baozi's problem has been solved.

The sound of front door unlocked. Aaron has returned home late again. Jeff thought he would've spent the night at Lin Feng as usual.

He walks out of his bedroom.