Chapter Twenty-Six

Start from the beginning

I don't want to hurt them.

I need Jade.

I watch as Niall and Harry also come down the stairs and arrive into the living room, both looking still half asleep and extremely confused about everything going on. 

They look around a bit frantically while I just stay where I am, my ears ringing and my eyes burning.

"Moon, come on why don't we go sit down for a minute yeah ?" Jules asks quietly, holding their hand out for me but I don't take it. "It's okay, you don't have to be scared, I'm not scared of you."

They should be.

I'm scared of myself.

"They were people, outside." I murmur a bit breathlessly, my mouth feeling a bit numb as I swallow harshly. My eyes glance at everyone in the room, all of my friends staring back at me like I'm insane.

They're right.

"I'm sorry." I turn my head to Lucy, who's just standing there with Zayn close to her, his arm draped around her shoulders and her eyes soften a bit at my words. 

She unwraps her arms from around her body. "I'm sorry, I didn't mean to hurt you."

"You didn't hurt me," she says, holding her arms out and looking down at her herself, like she's trying to show me that I didn't hit her anywhere. "See ? I'm not hurt, I'm okay."

"Moon, please come sit down for a minute." Liam says this time and I give him a short nod, walking to the sofa the furthest away from everyone and making sure I don't get too close to them on the way.

"Can you please tell us what happened ?" he asks, crouching down in front of me but keeping his hands to himself.

I wish they weren't all staring at me.

I wish I wasn't like this.

"I woke up and there were people outside, I didn't want them to get in and try to hurt us." I whisper, bringing my legs up and holding them against my chest. "Liam where is Jade ?" I murmur and I see his eyes widen at my words.

Why does he look confused ?

I always want Jade.

I always need Jade.

I watch as he stands up and walks up to Jules, whispering something into their ear that I can't hear. Jules gives him a quick nod before they rush out of the room, and then I hear them run up the stairs.

"Liam I need Jade, where is Jade ?" I ask again, and I hear a quiet sniffle coming from somewhere around me. 

I look up at Louis, and when his eyes meet mine I see tears falling down his cheeks and I frown even more. 

"Why are you sad ?" I ask, and Louis doesn't answer me, only flops down on a chair at the table to my right and wipes his tears away; his leg bouncing on the floor.

"Moon, we're going to call the doctor alright ?" Liam says.

"Why ?" I breathe out, rubbing my hands over my legs to try to warm myself up, I feel so cold.

"I don't need a doctor, I just need Jade." I say again, and Liam walks closer to me with slow careful steps until he's right in front of me again. 

He crouches down next to my legs and puts a tentative hand on my knee, and this time I don't flinch away so he keeps it there.

"Honey, you need to see a doctor right now." he repeats.

****

Louis' pov