Chapter Twenty-Six

Moon' pov

There's someone outside the house.

I can hear them loud and clear, there are people outside of the house, and they're trying to come in and hurt us.

They're going to come in.

And Lucy isn't here, she's not sleeping next to me like she's supposed to. She's not in our bedroom right now. 

What if she's in danger ?

What if they took her ?

I jump off my bed so quickly it gives me whiplash and makes my head spin, my eyes still feeling heavy from sleep. I don't even bother putting on clothes, staying in only my bra and the shorts I slept in.

I grab my gun on my nightstand and run out of my bedroom so fast I'm surprised I don't trip and fall face first on the ground, but when I get into the hallway I realized that everything is quiet.

There are people outside why is everyone sleeping ?

I punch and kick at every single door in the hallway, waking up everyone and making sure they know we're in danger.

"Wake up, wake up !! There are people outside the house !!" I shout, running down the stairs with my gun raised.

I stop abruptly when I reach the living room, very carefully walking to the front door, and not making any sound to make sure the people outside don't hear me coming, and I don't turn the lights on.

But then I see something moving in the hallway, someone hidden in the shadows and I shoot without even blinking.

Nobody is going to hurt my family.

"Moon !!" I hear Zayn scream at the top of his lungs from behind me and I turn my head around, letting my arm fall down by my side when I see the fear in his eyes, but he's not looking at me. 

He runs past me and goes to the hallway.

Why is he going to the hallway ?

I just shot someone that was trying to hurt us, he shouldn't be going there, it's dangerous.

"Hey, hey Moon put the gun down please." I look at Louis as he walks closer to me with his hands raised next to his head and I frown at the look of fear he also has in his eyes.

What did I do ?.

"Moon, give me the gun." he repeats, a little more firmly this time and my eyebrows furrow even more but I hand him the gun, watching as he exhales in what looks like relief and puts the safety back on.

Why are they all so calm and why is no one else carrying their gun ?

There are people trying to hurt us.

"Lucy ?" my heart leaps into my throat when I see Lucy and Zayn walking out of the shadows, both looking terrified and Lucy hugging herself with her arms around her chest and this.. this is when I realized what I've just done.

No.

No, no no this didn't happen.

It can't happen.

Not again.

I take a few steps back and almost trip on my own feet, my body starting to tremble wildly and my throat feeling dry. 

Lucy looks at me with eyes full of pain and I shake my head, not stopping to walk until I end up bumping into someone's chest.

I flinch at the contact and push Louis away from me with my hands on his chest. I press my back against the wall and keep my hands raised in front of me in hope that everyone in the room stays away.