Master And Disciple

Start from the beginning

"A-Alright!" Kritz salutes Laxus and stays quiet for the time being. They both stood there, not talking to each other for minutes. But soon, Laxus got tired of waiting.

He sighs and jerks his head towards his left, where Kritz was standing and crosses his arms.

"So you came after all, to the same place today." Laxus says normally, not caring to whisper in the crowded street.

"Haha." Kritz laughs. "Running from you would, brother, be useless."

"Why are you helping me?"

"Me? Ah don't worry, brother!" Kritz laughs patting Laxus's back, though he barely managed to reach that height.

Laxus glares him once again. This makes Kritz lower his hand in an instant.

This leads to another moment of awkward silence.

Laxus sighs and asks without looking at him, "From what I can think, you are somehow a benefactor for this Draken."

Kritz looks down and replies, "Yes, brother."

"I see. Then why are you helping me." Laxus repeats. "You might have as well laid a trap for me here."

This time Kritz doesn't reply. He just kept staring at the ground.

Laxus gives a brief glance with one if his eye and then says, "You said you have a daughter, right?"

"..." Kritz hummed silently.

"You should have brought her along." Laxus states. "You know, you can't be sure about her safety."

Again, Kritz doesn't replies. He couldn't bring his eyes off the ground. But as time passed, he finally spoke.

"There is no need." He says looking at Laxus. No... that was a stare. He was staring Laxus eye to eye. Laxus got alarmed and observed his surrounding. No... Kritz wasn't betraying him... at least not yet.

"What do you mean?" Laxus asks, still alert for any surprise attack.

Kritz laughs a little. He was really getting out of character. Whatever he is plotting, Laxus had his gaurd up.

"You know, brother, the girl is now in the protection of the divine..." Kritz says slowly, insisting on every word. His voice was still goofy, but cracked.

Laxus immediately looks at Kritz. He wasn't expecting this. "What about yesterday... you said-" Laxus mumbles slowly.

"Oh... It was a lie. She has been dead for a year now..." Kritz says slowly rubbing his stomach. "I was afraid that you would kill me... it a desperate lie... you must be thinking how pathetic I am..."

Laxus doesn't replies. He stopped the conversation, knowing that it will only get harder to continue. The situation got even more awkward.

After some more minutes, Kritz starts the conversation again. "Brother, you asked why I am helping you..."

"Hmm?" Laxus replies.

Kritz breaks into tears that he held for too long as he says this, "The reason is her. They killed her, brother, they killed her. They are kille-"

Laxus unravels his arm and keeps it on Kritz's back. He wanted to comfort him... but all he could say was "I see..."

Maybe he couldn't do anything more was because he experienced the same feeling... The feeling of losing someone close...

"There he is!"
A yell breaks the silence that was taking over between Laxus and Kritz. It was the voice of Mira.

Some other yells followed this. The most identical one being "Manly!"