promise to protect you. • hajime kokonoi

angst (better prepare yourself mwahaha😈)

_____________

h

er fingers trembled,alone in the middle of the night,waiting for the intruder to make a move.

she covered her mouth with her very own hand,scared that she'll get caught by koko.

if you're confused right now,long story short,she can time leap.

when it happened the very first time,she didn't took advantage of it and just thought that it was cool.

but then she remembered,

if she could time leap,

she could save koko from the attack.

she was determined,she met up with inui and shook their hands,making her timeleap back in 2006.

kokonoi hajime,died,at december 23 2006 due to a sudden attack. the suspect was still unknown,even after all those years.

she promised herself to be strong even though koko never liked her,she still wanted to save him.

yet here she was,waiting for the killer of koko to come.

she snapped back to reality and saw koko walking at the snow late at night; this was it.

inui had told her at the present that he will be killed exactly at 12 am. she checked her watch— 11:59 pm.

as the watch ticked,she took a deep breath and saw someone ran towards him. she quickly headed towards them and pushed koko to the snow,as the sharp blade was pushed on her stomach.

the killer's eyes widened,he quickly loosened his grip on the knife and ran,leaving the girl in blood.

she fall down to her knees on the cold snow,blood dripping on her mouth. koko's eyes widened and quickly ran towards her.

"y/n! are you okay?"

"...mhmm..." she hummed,the sting on her stomach still not going away. the blood quickly spread on her coat,as she tried to catch her breath. her body was feeling weak,she laid down on the snow and her sight was already getting blurry.

"...fuck..! I'll call the ambulance hold on." koko panicked,he grabbed his phone on his pocket but was stopped by a hand gripping on his wrist. he looked at y/n who looked like she was stopping koko on calling the ambulance, "no need. im gonna die anyways."

she laughed at him lightly,before laying down again. tears formed on his eyes,did she really want to die?

"I'm just happy that a loser like me actually saved you." she smiled. he was confused at first— did she knew he was gonna get attacked?

"how did you know...." he asked. "i can time leap. cool,right?" she smiled weakly again. "i didn't know love make us do crazy things."

his eyes widened— he liked y/n too,though he was scared and so he treated her shitty.

that was the biggest mistake of his life.

"i love you,koko. i always do. i promised myself that i will save you no matter what,

even if it means I'm gonna die."

"y/n?"

"oi y/n!! answer me!"

"y/n..!!!!!"