why not me • ryuguji ken

angst

___________

"

yo draken!" the h/c yelled from afar,as the tattooed male slightly smiled at her. she pulled him on a tight embrace,though the male didn't hug her back.

it's always been like this,draken has always been cold to y/n. she actually likes him romantically,but looks like the male couldn't return his feelings for her.

he liked her best friend,emma.

the girl pulled away and swung her arms around his,he slightly scoffed and the female cleared her throat.

"so." she said,breaking the silence. the male just looked at her,a little annoyed.

she took her arm off his,she ran in front of draken making him tilt his head in confusion.

"i- i like you." she said nervously,draken's eyes widened and stared at her.

there was a room of silence,the male rubbed his neck awkwardly and gulped. "im sorry y/n." the h/c just looked at him,trying hard not to cry. she chuckled and looked down, "its okay. I wasn't expecting a response." she lightly laughed.

"i like emma." the female felt water forming on her eyes,they sooner fell on her cheeks,while she tried to wipe them down.

"i hope she likes you back." she said between sobs. she waved at him goodbye and ran off,she couldn't even look straight at him.

she wasn't even angry at him at all, it's just.....she wasn't expecting he likes emma.

__________

a day passed,she didn't tell it to emma since she likes draken too.

"hi y/n!!!!" she heard a familiar cheerful voice at her back,she turned around to see her best friend,emma and her brother,mikey.

"hello! hi to you too mikey!" she hugged her,they sooner pull away and mikey smiled at her. they headed towards shinichiro's grave,only to be meet by izana,takemichi and inui.

izana gave them a innocent glare, though it looked like he was gonna kill them right here and right now. tenjiku and toman has a fight tonight.

"takemitchy,take y/n and emma with you." mikey side eye us,takemitchy agreed and we left the grave.

emma started talking about how boys all do is fight,the female nodded.

a sudden motorcycle showed up,the driver had a bat on his hand and was aiming it to emma. y/n's eyes widened and quickly pushed her,making herself the blonde girl's protection.

the bat swinged in the speed of light,it was targeted on her head. emma's eyes widened, "y/n!"

the motorcycle sooner ran off,leaving y/n injured. her head started to hurt,making her fell on the ground. blood spilled on the hard road,as the female tried to keep conscious.

"y/n!" emma ran towards the girl,y/n gave her a weak smile, before closing her eyes. "y/n! takemichi,call the ambulance!" emma panicked.

"what happened...?" mikey showed up,seeing the h/c female laying on the ground. he quickly headed towards her and picked her up,blood spilling on his uniform.

"m-mikey....." he heard the girl mutter, "hold on there y/n-chan, we're heading towards the hospital.

"i.... confessed to draken yesterday." y/n completely ignored him and laughed weakly. "he rejected me."

mikey laughed at pain, completely worried for the girl. "he said he liked emma......so i protected her....."

"i dont want to see draken sad........but....why...?" she felt tears on her eyes, "because you're too good for him." mikey joked,even if the girl was dying.

"emma......take care of draken....okay? don't make him sad......" she looked at emma,who was in tears.

"tell him.....i love him" and with that,the h/c girl took her last breath. mikey's eyes widened and his breath came uneven, "y/n's body.....is cold."

____________

"......y/n.....!" draken yelled,tears falling down his cheeks. he stared at the h/c's body, completely shocked about what happened.

on the other hand,hina and emma continued crying at their friend's lost. emma was guilty at what happened, she could have been the one who die,but the girl protected her.

"its all my fault!" the blonde half-shouted,hina comforted her and rubbed circles at her back.

'i liked her so much......no,i loved her. but why not me,y/n? why ken-chin......'