106. Unite & Conquer

Start from the beginning

Anon: "Hm. Reminds me of the time I was into Metallica. I listen to Nothing Else Matters by them."

Prasiolite: "You were a metalhead?"

Anon: "Yeah, I even grew my hair out when I was like 13. Anyway, let's get the show on the road, yeah?"

Jiro: "We're going to practice first. I heard this song so many times on the radio but not many people out there seem to understand or hear it...so we're going to broadcast it live so everyone can listen. First, I want you to take a seat, play your guitar on an amplifier and read these notes."

She hands Anon a piece of paper containing the tabs and notes for his guitar. He even sees some lyrics on them. Anon then realizes what song they'll be playing, Unite & Conquer.

Anon: "Hm, I've heard this song like dozens of times during car rides."

Then, Erin and the other Gems sit with him on the couch as Anon takes some time to keep reading. Then, he grabs a cable on the ground which is connected to an amplifier next to the couch and Anon begins to try to play some notes.

Erin: "Hm, well I guess this is the first time I'll hear you play some music, Eddie."

Althea: "Ooohh, this will be good!"

Mia: "Let's see it, Edwin!"

Anon smiles and he begins to play some notes slowly first and he manages to get the hang of it and it sounds exactly like the song Unite & Conquer.

Anon: "Tunes sound like it. I think this will go great. Just gotta keep practising until the girl says so."

He keeps on practising and then, Erin asks him a question to which he replies.

Erin: "Hey, quick question, how many songs can you play on a guitar?"

Anon: "Hm...let me see...only 5."

Erin: "Hm. Not bad."

Anon: "Yeah. Anywho, I need to keep practising."

He keeps on practising the notes and accidentally botches up a note. The Gems laugh a bit and Anon replays it perfectly.

Anon: "There we go...I wonder who else will be playing with me."

Meanwhile...

In the DedSec boxing ring, Simon is there and the Gems that are with him are currently out with Wrench. However, Apatite is there and she's watching Simon.

Apatite: "You good to go?"

Simon: "Mhm. Just wondering why Jiro would make our practice now. She could've gotten us to practice like a few days ago."

Apatite: "Hm. Well, you are getting the hang of this, right?"

Simon: "Hm. Yeah. It's actually pretty simple. I just work on a few parts and that's it."

He adjusts its volume and he's all set.

2 minutes later, back with Anon...

Anon is humming the lyrics out whilst he plays the guitar. He gets it right and he keeps playing till the end.

Anon: "Hm. First, try and already, I'm good. I think I got a gift."

Erin: "You sure do. You think you're ready?"

Anon: "Mhm, positive."

Then, Jiro comes into the room and she tells Anon to move.