bold choice

<<what?! Are you crazy?!>> Rikuo screams really angry, making Shiro jumps on his feet a little startled. After a moment Shiro sighs, and sit again near Rikuo, who was sitting on his futon.

Karasu Tengu is pulling his feathers...too shocked to realize that he is ripping off his plumage <<you can't! I will never allow it! you can't remain here!>> but Shiro sighs and grab his little arms <<stop that, or you will remain without feathers...then I want to see how you will fly around>> Mana nods <<you'd be the first tengu who can't fly, so if I were you I'd listen to Shiro for once...so take a big breath and calm down>> but Karasu Tengu tries to free himself from Shiro's hands <<how could I ever stay calm?!>> and Rikuo nods upset <<he's right! My sister just said that she decided to stay here! And if she do that, she will never be able to come home...i can't just shut up and ignore that!>> I grimace exasperated <<let me at least explain myself! I wasn't done talking and you interrupted me!>> and I point my finger toward Rikuo <<so yes! Shut up for a moment and listen! You all got it all wrong...i want to stay here, but I intend to return home someday...just not now>> I sigh and cross my arms <<i've been thinking about it...and I realized that I can't leave yet. There are things I still have to do here, and I can't ignore that...so you just have to be patient. When I've settled those unfinished business I will come home, so...let me do it>> but Rikuo frowns really unhappy <<but how can you ask us something like that? there's no way to return home without the flowers...and we almost finished them. You will be stuck here forever. No matter what you say...if you stay here you will never be able to return home>> but Chizuru stands up and walk toward him.

Shiro immediately moves away, and his mother sits near Rikuo. Mana shrugs and play with Karasu Tengu's feathers on the ground...making him angry, but Chizuru ignored them and smiles gently at Rikuo <<please Rikuo, I understand why you're so worried...but you should listen to her. I already know what she wants to say, and trust me when I tell you that you should listen>> she also looks at Karasu Tengu <<and that goes for you too, Karasu Tengu. She may be a child in our eyes...but she's old enough to think and make her own choices. She know what she's talking about, and you should at least give her the possibility to explain herself>> and she turns serious <<Karasu Tengu, I understand that you want to protect Riko, because until now she was clumsy and naive...but never forget that she is Rihan's daughter. don't underestimate her, because she can to be strong and astute like her father and her grandfather...and of course this also applies to Rikuo. They are young, but they are strong...never forget that>> and Karasu Tengu looks at her shocked, opening his beak...but in the end he didn't manage to say anything.

I frown angry and annoyed <<so Chizuru...>> and I look at her <<this mean that you already knew about this...and you chose to hide something really important from me again. You drank sakè with me, do you remember that? You pledged your loyalty to me, and you are already betraying that. You knew from the beginning that there is another way to travel through time...but you didn't tell me anything>> she shakes her head <<it's not so simple, traveling through time is always dangerous...and we are not simply talking about another way to do that. What you have in mind is a risky gamble...and you know that really well. This is why I didn't say anything. Furthermore...i already knew that you'd figure it out on your own, and thanks to that now you want to remain here only because it's something that you really want>> and she sighs <<It would have been easy to tell you right away that there is another way to travel through time, but I wanted that you decided what to do yourself...without help, like a real adult. You considered all risks and dangers and you decided what to do, well done>> but then she turned serious.

She raises a finger and point it toward me...just like when she was explaining important things to me and the others when we were little <<remember, you're here to learn how to be the best vice-commander of our clan...and thanks to that Rikuo's job will be more easy, if he finally chooses to become the third of course. But even so...you two will be alone. The clan will be at your side, but in the end they will only follow their leaders...the third and his vice-commander. There will be times when Rikuo won't be able to make tough decisions, so Riko...you will help him taking them in his place if it will be necessary. He will protect and lead the clan, and you will support him from the shadows...fighting and helping him in every way. This is the job of a vice-commander. I drank sakè with you, and I remember it really well...i'm still loyal to you, and I will always guard your back, but I'm still your teacher and I can teach you using my own method>> Mana shrugs <<she's right>> and Shiro nods <<of course she is>> and she rolls her eyes.