assault

After some weeks Heisuke comes back from Edo, so the day after his return we go with him and Okita on patrol around the city. Suddenly Heisuke snaps his fingers <<right! I almost forgot...i went to your house Chizuru, to see if Kodo was back, but he wasn't...so I went also to Riko-chan's house>> we look at him in surprise, but I also in shock <<my...house?>> he nods happy <<it's so big! I didn't enter inside, but even from the outside it's perfectly visible>> Okita grins <<oh? So you saw Riko-chan's house, but why didn't you enter?>> Chizuru nods <<i bet that her family is worried sick for her>> Heisuke sighs <<i also thought that, so I searched for her house for telling her family that she's okay but...>> I turn pale freaking out...he saw the yokais?! Or he talked with someone and found out that they don't know me?!

I cough calming myself <<it wasn't necessary, if they're so worried they can write me a letter>> Okita looks at me amused <<actually you speak really well about your family, but they are ignoring you...i wonder why>> I tried to answer, but Heisuke interrupts me <<in fact they gave me a letter for you Riko-chan>> I freeze looking at him shocked and astonished <<a letter for me? Who gave it to you?>> he laughs mistaking my concern with happiness <<don't listen to Souji, that guy was really happy when I mentioned your name>> I cross my arms impatient <<okay but who was he?> he passes a hand on his hair chuckling embarrassed <<well...i don't know>> Okita looks at him unconvinced <<have you also become stupid as well as nosy these past few weeks in Edo?>> I look annoyed at Okita <<oh come on, let him at least explain before insulting him>> Heisuke nods irritated <<she's right Souji! He had his face covered by a red mask. As soon as I tried to enter he stopped me, saying that there was no one home>> I frown <<a boy with a mask? Mmh>> Chizuru looks at me curious <<who was that?>> I shake my head <<i don't know. Some of grandpa's friends wears masks every now and then...but nobody has a red one. Did he tell you his name?>> Heisuke shakes his head and hand me over the letter <<no, but he told me to give this to you, saying also to not go to your house again without your permission>> I take the letter and open it really curious...finding only a short message 'get ready the rats traps'

Okita reads the message peeking from my shoulders <<is supposed to mean something?>> I quickly hide the letter against my chest <<hey! It could be a private letter from my family, maybe also from my brother...so don't read it without permission!>> he sighs annoyed <<and why should your brother write to you? You haven't see each other for more than a year>> I put a hand on my hip <<so? We love each other, no matter what>> he frowns <<what nonsense>> and he walks away leaving us behind.

I look at him walking away sad and confused...why he's so angry? But Chizuru takes my arm and we follow him.

Heisuke walks near us and I speak with him <<thank you for giving me the letter>> he smiles kindly <<you're welcome, but I'm sorry that I couldn't at least meet your mother and tell her that you're okay>> I chuckle shaking my head <<it's not a problem>> because she's still not born now...but I wonder who sent me the letter. The rats traps? Maybe he was referring to Kyuso...but only I know who he is here. Maybe the boy with the mask is from my time too! but if he's at my house I can't just go and search for him...because if I really look so much like grandma, I can't let grandpa or dad see me.

I sigh and decided to do the only thing I could...wait and see what happens.

Chizuru looks at me worried <<Riko-san? Is everything alright? don't thing about what Okita-san told you, I bet that your brother is really worried for you>>i smile at her <<thanks, but I'm okay. I know that Rikuo is worried for me and that he loves me...i was only wondering why Okita got so angry>> Chizuru shakes her head <<i don't know, but you can ask him because you are friends>> I look at her and laugh a little <<you really don't know him. Besides...he will never answer, if I ask him he will only becomes more angry. Every time I mention Rikuo he just got angry and mean. I try to don't speak about him when he's around, but I forgot to do that earlier>> Chizuru nods <<i also noticed that, Okita-san is really enigmatic>> I chuckles looking at Okita and Heisuke, who are walking in front of the soldiers.