Ch- 36, The First Pair Of Teeth

Start from the beginning

"Fine!" He replied with a sigh, taking the clothes from her hands.
"But fever?! My little Baby!" He looked at his daughter sadly as Rudhi smiled at him, being happy about bathing.

"Come on, Puchki! Now we'll bath!" Bondita kissed her baby as she looked really excited to play with the water.

Bondita softly seated her in the tub as Anirudh played with her, making funny faces for his daughter.
He softly poured water on his baby, using his hands as Bondita rubbed the chandan paste, gently on her body.

Rudhi was all the time splashing the water with her hands and playing happily. She had already drenched her Maa Baba and seemed really proud about it.

As Bondita cleansed her hand and put her finger in Rudhi's little mouth, to clean her tongue, Rudhi pressed her lips tightly.

"Ouch!" Bondita gasped as she pulled her finger out, instinctively.

"What happened?" Anirudh asked, looking up at her.

"She bit me!" Bondita said in a surprised voice.

"How can she bite you Bondita, she hasn't even grown her teeth ye..." Anirudh spoke mindlessly as he stopped and looked at Bondita with astonishment.

"Tooth!" They both exclaimed happily and looked down at Rudhi, who was busy splashing the water with her hands.

Bondita again tried to check Rudhi's mouth, but she turned her face away.

"Puchki, look here. Let Maa check once!" Bondita requested as she tried to turn Rudhi's face towards herself, but failed.

"Mishti, look here!" Anirudh too tried but all in vain. Rudhi would just not let them see and kept splashing the water on them.

"Maa!" Bondita called out loudly.

After a while as Maa came and looked at them, she giggled.

"I thought only Rudhi was bathing! But here it seems like a whole Family Bath going on!" Maa chuckled happily.

"Maa!" Bondita and Anirudh laughed at her statement.

"Arey, Maa! See this!" Bondita exclaimed.

"I think, Puchki has grown her first tooth, but she just isn't letting us see! Can you please check it?" She asked, standing up as Maa sat down at Bondita's place and excitedly picked little Rudhi in her arms.

"Bondita, there's honey in Rudhi's bag. Bring it fast!" Maa told as Rudhi didn't seem happy about being pulled out of the water so soon.

She tried to slide back into the water from her grandma's lap, only to be held by her Baba. Anirudh glared at her with a warning look, and she looked at his face in surprise.

Instead of fearing him, she grinned at him and he just frowned, breaking into fits of laughter. Anirudh quickly wrapped her in the towel and wiped her body softly.

Bondita brought the honey bottle and handed it to Maa, excitedly. Ma dipped her finger in the honey and applied it on Rudhi's lips. As Rudhi licked it off, she opened her mouth for more honey and that was when, Maa softly pressed her cheeks together, forming a little pout.

"I saw them!" Bondita squeaked happily and jumped in happiness.
"They are two little teeth, Pati Babu!!"

Bondita was so excited, seeing her baby grow. But at the same time it was emotional too.
Anirudh moved closer to Maa and saw those little white teeth, as his daughter continued to grin.

"Alle, My baby!" Anirudh kissed her cheeks lovingly and Maa just smiled excitedly.

"My little Gudiya Rani!" Maa cried excitedly as she kissed Rudhi all over her face.

"Maa! Let's show everyone!" Bondita exclaimed happily.

"Wait, first you dress her, then bring her down." Maa told.

"Kids cry a lot, when they grow their first teeth! But I wonder why didn't she!" Maa said surprisingly and kissed Rudhi's hands and forehead lovingly.

"She's my daughter, Maa!" Anirudh picked Rudhi up as he walked out to the room, followed by the ladies.
"She's brave enough not to cry!" He said proudly.

"That's something we'll see in Mr. Ganguly's clinic today!" Bondita muttered as Maa and she giggled together.
He just twirled his little baby, excitedly.
"You grew you first teeth?! My little Big Baby!" He kissed Rudhi's little nose as she enjoyed being twirled and loved by her Baba.

Anirudh quickly picked up Rudhi's clothes and lied her down happily. Bondita sat beside her baby after Maa had left to prepare the lunch.

"Only I'll dress her today! You get to do it everyday!" He announced to Bondita, acting like a little boy who wanted to play with a doll.

Bondita pressed a smile and  passed him the baby oil. He quickly applied it all over Rudhi's little body and made her wear her clothes. She was so tiny that he found it difficult to handle her earlier, but now he was more comfortable handling his child. Rudhi all the time played with her rattle and chewed her own fingers.

After he dressed her, he took the little baby comb and combed his Mishti's hair to one side. Bondita just kept pulling out Rudhi's hand from her mouth.

"Now you're ready, my princess!" He said as he bent down and kissed her cheek, while the baby laughed happily, throwing her arms in the air.

That was when Batuk and Som ran into the room,followed by Vibhavari.

"We heard Kaaju grew her teeth!" Batuk exclaimed happily as he panted for air.

"See them!" Bondita squeezed her daughter's cheeks again and they all bent down to look at  her, excitedly.

Rudhi couldn't figure out, what was happening with her, she just wanted to chew her hand as her mouth itched.
Everyone was so happy and were kissing her all over her little face.

"Wait! Let me bring the camera! We'll capture this moment!" Som announced and ran out of the room, while Vibhavari picked up Rudhi and played along with Batuk.

Anirudh and Bondita glanced at each other and smiled emotionally.

"Congratulations, Maa!" He said, reaching out to hold her hands lovingly.

"Congratulations to you too, Baba!" She replied as she held onto his hands and glanced at her daughter.

After they had clicked a few pictures of the little baby flaunting her new teeth, they all left and got back to their works.

Anirudh smiled at Bondita and let Rudhi down on the floor. They always let her crawl, with the doors of the room closed.

Rudhi had once crawled to the staircase and was about to fall down when Somnath had seen her and quickly picked her up. Since that day, everyone was extra careful.

As Rudhi was crawling, Bondita stood up to follow her baby.

"Let her crawl!" Anirudh held her wrist and pulled her back, instead.

"She's having so much fun, see!" He told as they glanced at Rudhi, who was busy playing with the rattles and crawling around the room.

Bondita smiled at her daughter, as Anirudh wrapped his arms around her waist from behind and pulled her closer to his chest.

"Pati Babu!" Bondita gasped as he pressed his cheek with hers.

"Yes, Patni Devi?" He asked with his eyes closed, inhaling her sweet fragrance.

"S... Someone will come!" She muttered nervously.

"Thanks to Mishti, the door is locked, Jaan!" He said and just hugged her even tighter, kissing her cheek.

Bondita sighed and gave into his hug, as she smiled happily closing her own eyes and feeling his love.

I was free for a while!😉😂

That's all for this part!❤️ I wanted a break from my studies, so I wrote this!❤️ Hope you like it and don't forget to star and comment!❤️❤️

Love, Author!❤️

.....