~Shinkami~

Death is a gate that everyone will pass through. Most people dread even the thought of having to pass through the gate. Most people put their life above others. My love wasn't like others though. He passed through the gate smiling his big goofy smile. He saved many people. He risked his life to save all of Japan. No one even noticed how much he had done for them.
     When I first met him, I didn't want friends. He passed his way through my walls and befriended me. He made me laugh, which was something I hadn't done a lot before I knew him. He always knew what to say to brighten everyone's mood. He always smiled around others. I honestly thought he was always happy. It wasn't until a few months of us being friends did I first see his smile fade.
     People bullied him for how he short circuited after using too much power. He was called the "idiot of 1A". He always hated how everyone called him that. He wasn't an idiot. If he was an idiot he wouldn't have gotten into UA in the first place. He told me that it hurts when he short circuited. He told me that it felt like knifes were stabbing his entire body and like acid was running through his veins. He told me he has to go into that dumb persona because it helps his brain to not get fried. He told me he was losing feeling in his fingers and he has aftershocks.
      People were surprised that I fell in love with the so called "idiot of 1A". They believe I fell for the goofy personality. I know that I fell for all of him. I fell for the fact that he goes through so much pain, but he acts like he's ok so he doesn't worry his friends. I fell for the fact that he can keep everyone smiling while things aren't going good. I fell for the person who tries his best despite the bullies and the pain. I fell for Denki Kaminari the "idiot of 1A".
     A few months after Denki and I started dating, Denki's aftershocks started getting worse. Denki could also barely hold his pencil because his fingers went numb. Despite his condition he hadn't told anyone besides me and he asked me not to tell anyone.
     A few days later villains attacked us in the middle of the city. Most of the civilians were far away, escaping with heroes and our classmates. Denki climbed to the top of a large pile of ruble. He gave me a sad smile before I knew what he was planning to do. I started screaming his name and telling him to stop. I knew Denki had already used a lot of his quirk and if he tried what he was going to do he could get really hurt, or worse. Denki mouthed the words "Im sorry" before giving me another smile and activating his quirk to beyond its potential. When his electricity died down, I could see he took down all the villains. I looked to where he was standing expecting to see him in his dumb persona but I just saw him drop to the ground beneath him. I ran towards him as he started screaming in agony. When I got to him he had marks, that kind of looked like lightning, coming up from the tips of his fingers all the way to his elbows and from under his eyes down to his chin. He was scraping at his skin as if he was trying to take it off. I finally got him to stop scratching at his own skin. He looked up into my eyes and leaned forward and kissed me. When he leaned back I could see the life draining from his eyes. I screamed as tears ran down my face. He gave a faint smiled before his body went limp in my arms.
     Death is a gate everyone has to go through. I just didn't expect it to welcome him so early. Denki Kaminari, died a hero at age 15. He died in the arms of his boyfriend, and classmate, Shinsou Hitoshi.
   The end.