#126 Charles - "Fake" Girlfriend

I wrote it during 2021 season, but completly forgot about it...!
I hope you'll enjoy it nevertheless...
F.

NARRATOR POV: 2021 was crazy enough after all the fuss with Covid 19 starting the year prior. It was "new normal" for all the people who survived the pandemic in the first place. People's lives were slowly getting back to normality and being used to new dinamic. It wasn't easy, but manageable, if they just tried.

The same thing was with FIA and drivers for all Formulas and such. New regulations got in, many things changed, but only what those people wanted, was racing again. They weren't able to live without racing. After all, that's what they do for living, so it's the only way they know.... Everyone was supporting their families and friends, were a little scared about them. Quarantine was useful in the first months of the pandemic, but later on, life had to go on, and it started to be normal again.
Apart from racing, the teams had many sponsorship meetings, discussions and such, many of them being huge parties, mostly done via zoom call or something until now.
One party like that, Ferrari was throwing for their team in weekend during Silverstone race. It wasn't maybe their home country, but they had many sponsors seateled in Great Britain, so it was good opportunity. Many people, not only drivers, were attending this party. All of the guests could bring a "+ one" with them, as in family members or girlfriends / boyfriends.
That's way Charles was a little stressed out. After his quiet break up with Charlotte (Don't get me wrong, she's very sweet and I love her with Charles, but I'm not really comfortable to write in her name. That's why I "created" Brynn - aut. note.), he wasn't romantically involved with any woman, and was sure that his brothers and friends would tease him about it.
Leclerc was thinking very hard about whom he can trust enough, to act like his "fake" girlfriend. And he found the right person. Brynn Warren, his friend since childhood. Before he chickened out of that idea, he took his phone and send her a text:

To B☺️: Brynn, I need your help!

Reply came just seconds later:

From B☺️: With what?

With his heart pummelling in his chest, Charles tiped the reply:

To B☺️: My team's doing a huge party and I'm expected to bring my girlfriend. Will you help me out and act like one? Plz. I'll make it up to you..!

After he clicked "send" he looked at the screen with ancipation. This time, answer wasn't that fast, and it made Leclerc worry a little, how she reacted and if she even considered his plea. Seconds were slow like years, but finally she sent him a reply:

From B☺️: Whatever you need Charlie. How, when and where?

Seeing this, Leclerc was able to breath again. He quickly send her a message with all the details and invited her already in Thursday, to England. That's when Charles knew that everything is going to be OK...

FEW DAYS LATER
THURSDAY
Before media duties Charles drove his Ferrari to near airport, to pick up "his girlfriend"... He's really stressed, but also relieved that it's Brynn. Out of all people, could be here, he's glad that it's her...
Charles decided that, he'll wait in hall where people were coming in, from their flights. He waited in ancipation few long minutes, and then spotted more than familiar girl in the distance. He felt his heart pumeling in his chest again, but didn't think anything about it, as Brynn came to him with smile on her face.
-Charlie!- she said happily with a smile and flung her arms around his neck to hug him, even thought she still had her mask on.
-Nice to see you again B- Leclerc replied in the same mood, hugging her close. They stayed like that for a moment, happy to be reunited again, and then let go of one another -Can we go straight to the track, or you want to check in the hotel first? We still have time...
-Track will be fine. The flight wasn't that long from Monaco- she replied and let Charles take her luggage from her. Then they slowly made their way to his car, already focused only on one another, deeply in passionate and interesting conversation. Both of them thought how nice it felt to have the other close again...
They made quite an impresion, when they entered the paddock, hand in hand, immersed in conversation, and were a nice snack to the photographers. But neither of them minded, focused on the other. As Brynn said, Charles done his media duites and she chilled in his motorhome, took a shower and changed clothes. Warren also had a small talk with Isabella, as she met her in the "dining room" in Ferrari hospitality. The girls are a close friends, so they spent that time rather enjoyable, shareing some stories from the time they weren't talking.
Before they knew it, the media day was over and they all could leave the track. To tell them this, both Charles and Carlos came to the hospitality. They also were talking while so, and stopped only when they approached them.
-Hey B- Charles said affectionaly and gave his "girlfriend" kiss on the cheek.
-Hi Charlie- she flashed him a wide smile in return.
-Hola mi Amor! / Hola Cariño!- Isabella and Carlos said in unision and kissed softly but short.
-Are we going, or what?- Brynn asked them, holding Charles's hand in hers.
-Yeah, we can go now- Carlos agreed and all four of them left the building, saying their "goodbye's" along the way. During so, they decided to have a game night at Carlos's hotel room, to relax before exciting and stresfull weekend. The party was supposed to be tomorrow evening, after the FP1 and sprint race. All of them knew that it'll be interesting...