#66 Carlos - Mrs. Sainz

ISABELLA POV.: It's another race weekend, but this time, instead of being here for my job, and interview people, I get to attend it with my husband, Carlos. For this time, I decided to wear black high-waisted jeans with pockets on the side of my thighs and the ones like regular trousers, white long-sleeved shirt, black high heeled boots and Ferrari red coat. Carlos's ones are a little to big for me, so I got one like his from the team. To top it all, I got a mate red lipstick and done a high ponytail.
When it was a break between FPs in current race weekend in Mexico, I decided to take a walk around the paddock. The team was focused, and I wanted to have a little break from all that buzz, so I left them on their own. 
I strolled around the paddock, stopping multiple times to talk to some people, and gave them warm hugs. I got to talk to Mackenzie and Marisol, as they were talking outside Red Bull's garage, in warm sun, and to Madison, whom I met on the way, not far from Haas hospitality. I also greeted Angelina, by giving her a smile and small bow of my head, as she was talking with somebody over the phone, on her way to somewhere, probably Mercedes area. Paddock was lively as ever, with the fans all around the place, and that's how we like it the most...
I was slowly heading back to Ferrari garage, when I heard a voice behind me:
-Mrs. Sainz! Can we steal a few minutes of your time, please?- I turned around and saw reporter from some sports magazine.
-I don't have much time, but I think you can..- I smiled at them sympathicaly. After all, I know very well how their job works, as I do exactly the same for living.
-Thank you- he smiled -First question, how are you feeling?
-I'm all good, thank you.
-What you think about the upcoming race? Is Ferrari on good foot here?
-I think we'll fully see after both today's sessions were we stand, but I think the team is optimistic about it...- I replied diplomatically, with small smile.
-That's good way to say it- he agreed with me -And I think we can clearly see who your heart supports...- he joked a little, pointing at my coat.
-Yeah, I think is obvious...- I giggled, and he laughed too.
-Speaking of Ferrari, how's Carlos? Almost full year with the team...
-He's doing the best he can. I'm very proud of him... He adapted extremely well and fast to the new car, and he has a good relationship with whole team already, even if it's not very long...- I said, and couldn't hide a proud smile -He's just special, and I can't get over the fact how dedicated and strong mentally he is. Ferrari is a new environment after two years with McLaren, and he's really happy and focused on improvement and team efford right from the start... Carlito is just one on a milion...
-We're happy that he's doing so well. And I'm sure that the support he gets from the people around him helps a lot... From you in particular...
-I'm not that special!- I disagreed -I just try to help him as much as I can, and support him no matter what...- I couldn't stop the blush to creep onto my cheeks.
-And I think that's a nonsense..- I heard more than familiar voice behind me, as he wrapped his arms around my waist and rested his head on my right shoulder -Ola Hermosa...- Carlos greeted me and kissed my cheek -Hello- he also addressed it to the journalist.
-Hello to you too Carlos- he replied warmly.
-What are you doing here? I thought you're needed in the garage...?- I asked him surprised, but didn't do anything to get away from his grip. It was just too nice...
-I was. But I needed to find you- he replied sweetly and added -And speaking of that nonsense, that my wife is no one special, is a total bullshit. She's the most important person in my life, being the most caring, helpful and supportive woman I have ever met!- he stated, and kisses my cheek.
-That's sweet... You two look very cute together...- reporter replied and added -Your fans are loving seeing you together, not hiding your love and affection to one another...
-Yes, they're very supportive- I agreed with him.
-It just boosts our confidence to hear that- Carlos added and continued -And what was the question again?
-That the support you get, Carlos, from your friends and family, your beautiful wife in particular, is helping you a lot...
-Yes, that's true. They always manage to remind me who I am as a driver, and more importantly, as a person, and ground me, to not get crazy about the fact where I am now... I owe them a big one, that's for sure...- he explained and rocked us a little back and forth, as I hummed in approval.
-However I owe the most to Isabella here, as she has to put up with all my moods and ideas every day, not easy task while she still works on her own for most of the day. And still she has her most beautiful smile on her face and supports me through thick and thin even when she feels down herself..- at his words of praise I felt heavy blush creep onto my cheeks.
-That's sweet of her. You're really special person Isabella..
-Thank you- I replied with a smile.
After that we talked some more with the reporter, and then bid goodbye to him and came back to the garage together. Carlos had his arm around my waist whole time and I didn't mind at all. I love having him close, even for short period of time like that. Soon after that Carlos got onto his car again for second FP, and I watched him close.
THE END

Nothing much to say.....
Just fluff with our favourite Spaniard...
Have a nice day! / Goodnight!
F.