#100 Checo - Media

This was written during 2021 season.

NARRATOR POV.: People were extremely happy, that another part of this year's triple header was at it's finest with last weekend in Monza. And apart from the situations from weekend before in The Netherlands, Maxs' win and Checo's awesome battle through the field from p20 to 8th position. And one of the most proud people of him was Marisol, Sergio's PR and girlfriend. All the fans love their affection, and how healthy and strong their bond is. One of the things that fans and the team admire in them is that even though they love each other, they still focus on their job instead on their phisical attraction and love. In other words, they share very little or none PDA in the Paddock, focused on the job.
It's Thursday, in other words, media day, so it means a lot of interviews and different stuff. And it also mean that PR agents of drivers and teams have a lot of work to do, and to keep up with. Especially when we're talking about two top contenders to world titles, Red Bull and Mercedes. Those two teams are under constant pressure and watch, every little mistake visible a lot more than for the others. It's almost like F1 community has divided into 2 teams: Team Red Bull, and Team Mercedes, constantly arguing which driver deserves the title more, Lewis or Max?
Of course, the teams don't mind it in the slightest, and even drivers themselves say that support they get from their fans is even pushing them more to do better....
Right now, Red Bull has a team briefing, with mechanics, Christian, strategists, Max and Checo, and even their PR' s are there! It's like huge "family meeting" as they usually do, before the start of the weekend. They don't know everything yet, but many people say that good mindset it the key to success.
To see everyone, they stand in big circle, all of them looking at the person who's speaking. Marisol has leaned against the desk they have inside of the garage, and Sergio has done it also, placing his hand on the top of it, right next to her hip, and shifted his whole weight in her direction. They might not touch phisically, but it's clearly visible that they support each other, even without saying anything. Mostly Marisol is support for Sergio, work and personal-wise, but Checo is also an anchor for his girlfriend in stressful situations. Many people wish to have a relationship with their significant other like theirs, and are jealous of it....
-It's not going to be easy, as we and Mercedes were quick here in the past, but I think that there's no thing we cannot do to be better than them...- Christian said, looking at his drivers.
-That's true. We just need to do a good job during practises, and collect enough data for Quali and race in following days, because we know that we have a power and good engine, and the only thing which is missing, is better strategy than anyone, especially Mercedes- then Checo spoke up, meeting with agreement and short but evident nods from the whole team. He also earned a small smile from Sol, which lifted his spirits like nothing else.
But what they didn't knew, was that at that moment, the camera was actually showing their garage, meaning that whole world saw the closure of the two, and gazes full of affection and love.
The second fans spotted it, they started to make screen shots and posting them, and making various comments about it. But all in all, most of them were about how lucky they both are, to have one another... Many fans are calling them "Power Couple", considering how their relationship and work ethic seem to work smoothly together.
Red Bull talked for around half an hour, and then everyone got back to their daily duties. Before that however, people could see how Sergio and Marisol talked quietly, as Perez stood in front of his girlfriend and leaned to her closer, to hear her over the hustle and bustle around them. They still had their masks on, but eyes told enough... Then they shared loving hug, and after that Checo went for track walk, and Marisol sat down, to get through her own duties for the day. It seemed like it's gonna be demanding and hard weekend...
THE END

Something short and sweet...
Have a nice day! / Goodnight!
F.