#62 Charles - Changes

NARRATOR POV.: Charles and Brynn, Leclerc and Warren. Everyone around the world knew them both, and the fact that they're almost inseparable. Brynn, even being very young, was Charles's engineer since he joined Ferrari, and was marvellous at her job. Everyone said that, as her and Charles very rarely had any disagreements during the races, more likely thinking the same. Almost like they shared the same brain, or else, him being her eyes on the track. At first being childhood friends, they then lost contact for a few years, and rekindled their close relationship when Leclerc joined Alfa Romeo in 2018. Since then, especially after Charles joined Ferarri, they're everywhere together. All the paddock knew, that wherever one was, the other wasn't very far away. Brynn and him arriving to the track together early in the morning, and leaving it also together late in the evening, That's how it just was...
It was Belgium Grand Prix and Brynn sat on one of the stools on the pit wall, next to Mattia and the others. Pascale and his brothers were also there that weekend, as there was no F3 race, and they wanted to support Charles fully. But they were back in the garage with the others.
-The pace looks good. You're 0.8 tens of a second quicker that Riccardo- she told him, when they we're nearing turn 10.
-Copy that- Charles replied, and she didn't need to say anything more. They just "felt" each other. Besides, Charles knew perfectly well, what his job was...
He dived in the inside, to overtake Daniel, but Australian defenced hardly, making them contact. At first nothing was visible, only a cloud of smoke, as they both hurled into the gravel.
-Charles!- Brynn couldn't suppress scared shout -Charles report! Are you ok?!- her pulse was rapid, as everyone in the garage and on the pit wall. Mattia included.
-All good. I think I can still race..- came short reply, and Brynn fell backwards a little, from her chair, with loud sigh of relief.
-That's good. You still have 0.9 tens to next car, being Lance...
-Copy that- he answered and rolled the car out of the gravel pretty easly, as he wasn't stuck too deep, and then speed away, while Brynn found out that Daniel was also alright, but too deep in the dirt to take the car out of it, so he had to retire.
But little did she knew, that all the cameras were showing Ferrari's pit wall at that exact moment, her reaction visible to the whole world. That meant that EVERYONE saw her shaking expresion, and huge fear in her eyes and voice. Including the Leclerc's in the garage...

....
Luckly, the race was over only 10 laps later and Charles finished it on 5th position, as he got stuck behind Seb's Aston Martin. It was a great job, regarding that both Leclerc and Sainz qualified P11 and 13 respectevely, and finished on 5th and 7th positions, seperated by Alpha Tauri of Pierre.
And when Charles came back to the garage, his engineer was already waiting for him. Brynn quickly ran to him, and hugged him as close as she was able, and he returned it.
-I'm all fine B! Really! Don't stress about it!- Charles took off his helmet and balaclava, still keeping her close, and then tightened his grip and kissed shortly the top of her head.
-You scared me through... That crash with Daniel...
-He should have let me pass, as I was quicker, but it's still racing, and we both know it- he replied, as she pulled back to look at him.
-Yeah, that's true...- she nodded, and then sat on one of the stools, to wait for him, as Charles walked away, to change real quick and do all the interviews and debriefs.

....
It took him a few hours to complete everything, and the sun was already setting when Charles came back to the garage, to see Brynn, sitting there, with her chin popped up on her leg, looking dreamly at the orange-pinkish sky.
-Hey, I'm back...
-Hey- she flashed him a smile and watched as he hopped on one of the stools next to her.
-What's wrong?- she sensed that something is not right -It's about that incident with Daniel ealier?
-No. I already spoke to him about it.
-Then what's wrong? Talk to me Charlie...- she was really concerned, and he knew that.
-My family thinks we're dating...
-They, what?!- her eyes were big like little plates for tea -Who said that?- Brynn then asked him calmly, as she smiled a little.
-Arthur... and then mom and Lorenzo agreed- Charles explained with a nervous chuckle, as he checked his both watches -And I told them we are..- he summed it up, quiet like a whisper.
-You did what?!- now, Brynn was REALLY suprised, as her heart pummeled in her chest rapidly.
-B...- Leclerc sighed and stood up, to stand right before her, and look her deeply in the eye -I know we're best friends but.. I care about you. A lot, and...- he wanted to explain his actions, but Warren interupted him, as she leaned forward and pressed her lips to his in soft and loving kiss. Charles was confused at first, but then returned the kiss and sneaked his arms around her waist, to keep her close.
-I love you too, Charlie...- Brynn whispered, a little out of breath, as she pulled back. And those words made them both grin widely in happiness. Without hesistation, Charles tightened his grip on her waist and efordessly lifted her up, in his arms, and she looped her legs around his hips.
-You're MY girl now- he said, with excitment in his voice, as he twirled them around couple of times.
-Yeah, I totally am!- she giggled, and held him tighter, glad that those words were already out.
After that, they only could be the happiest. Together...
THE END

I know that I made Brynn being still in Uni, but this cute idea popped into my mind yesterday, so I decided to write it anyway...
Tell me what you think in the comments!
Have a nice day! / Goodnight!
F.