#103 Mick - Help

MADDIE POV: Since 2 years maybe, my life changed... But not for good unfortunately.. My parents split up and my mum left, leaving me and my little sister Ava with our dad. They didn't even fought for us, she just left after a huge argument, and few days after that, we found out that she's seeing some other guy all that time! Dad didn't took it well, started drinking, quited the job he had... 
Since then, I take care of Ava and him, being only 17... It's hard, but most of the time I manage.. SOMEHOW...
Avalynn is only 4 years old, so each day I have to drop her off to kindergarden, and then go to school myself, and pick her up on my way back home. I also have to do all the household chores by myself, including buying groceries with all the money I make in part time job I have. I still have no idea, how I manage all of that, and school, AND meet-ups with Mick outside of school too...

Today, it's almost 9 PM and I'm currently studying for tomorrow's lectures, as Ava is asleep for one hour already...
But the everyday routine was disturbed, when my dad and his mates came back from another club "visit"... They're loud as hell, shouting and laughing, probably drinking even more, as they put on loud music. Their behavour made me cringe, but I could do nothing about it... I'm not responsible for him, or his mates...
I tried to block the noice out, but then Ava came to my room, crying.
-Avey..! Don't cry sweetheart!- I sighed and scooped her up, to hug her close -Everything is fine..- I tried to shoosh her -You got scared?
-Yeah...- she choke on her tears and wrapped her tiny arms tightly around my neck.
-It's fine, nobody will hurt you sweety..- I assured her, and then tried to put her to bed again, but after 2 long hours, I failed.
-It's enough!- I mumbled to myself and then looked at Ava -Give me 5 minutes, ok? I'll get us out of here...- I kissed her forehead and left her on my bed. Then I packed all my books and some of my sister's stuff, along with clothes, and then took all of the bags on the front porch of the house. After that, I put on some outter clothes on us both and went downstairs with her, where the noice was even worse...
-Wait for me outside, ok?- I asked and she groangly nodded. When I was sure she's out of the house, I made my way to the living room:
-Dad?! I'm taking Ava and leaving for a few days!- I shouted to him, and took some of the empty and full bottles of alcohol away from them.
-You can't! Your home is here, with me!
-Ava needs to sleep Dad! She's 4, not 44!- I told him angrily and then slapped one of his hands away, when he wanted to grab me.
-Relax cutie! Have a drink..!- one of his drunk friends placed his hand on my butt.
-No, fuck off!- I slapped him across the face and then left the house with loud thud. I took all the bags, and took Ava's little hand in mine, and then left our properity.
-Come! We'll go to Mick's house...- I told her and then we took a short walk, just across the street, to Schumachers' house. I rang the bell and hoped that they'll open the door.
My hopes were fullfilled minute later, as the door opened, reveling Mick.
-Maddie? Come on in Liebe!- he said and invited us in.
-Hi Mickey...- I sighed in relief and gave him a hug.
-Mick!- Ava squeled and also gave him a hug.
-Hi Avey- he smiled and took her in his arms -How come you're up this late?!
-Daddy invited friends over..
-Yeah, again..- I agreed with defeted sigh.
-Ok Princess. let's get you to bed- he kissed my head and took her upstairs, to put her to sleep in the guest room. She was out the second he tucked her in. And he's the only one, beside me, that she trusts that much, since mum left.
-Danke Mickey- I flashed him small smile and opened my laptop once again, to finish remaining school work.
-You're welcome- he smiled back, and crashed on the couch beside me, adding -You should rest Mad... It's been long week...
-I need to finish this, and pay all the bills- I disagreed with him, not moving my gaze from the screen, and ran my heand through my hair.
-You'll do that tomorrow morning, You really need to rest Maddie, or you'll injure yourself- Mick insisted and took my laptop away, switching it off -Come here...- he continued and pulled me onto his lap, to hug me close to his chest. I let out deep breath, and allowed myself to relax in his embrance, and return the hug. Since my mum left, his arms are the only place where I feel safe and loved.. Like at home...
-The things will change from now on liebe... I can't look at you, living like this..! I love you way too much, to not do anything about it!- he confessed and kissed my forehead.
-How you want to do that?!
-I'll help you, and we'll work together to solve everything. For start, I want you to move in with me, with Ava..
-But what about your parents?! Gina?!- I wasn't so sure.
-They want your happiness too.. I'm sure that they'll be more than happy to have you two here..- Mick assured me and kissed my lips -Let me help you...
-Ok- I agreed, and kissed him back. Mick and I, spent the evening relaxing in bed, before we drifted off to deep sleep in each other's arms..

All Schumachers came back home the next morning and greeted me and Ava like their own. Ava even calls Corinna and Michael, Auntie and Uncle..! Mick and I told them everything what happened, and they insisted for me and Ava to stay with them. From then on, I knew that me and Ava will be alright.. All thanks to Mick and his family... I hope that this will make my father realise that he messed up, big time...
THE END

Trouble with happy ending...
I hope you like it...
Have a nice day! / Goodnight!
F.