#115 Pierre - Argument with happy ending

NARRATOR POV: Alpha Tauri had a few unfortunate races, meaning that they kept struggling to beat Alpine for 5th position in the constructors championship. It was constantly in everyone's mind, making them nervous and stiff. Pressure was huge and everyone knew it..
But apogeum of bad luck reached them in Qatar, as Pierre managed to start from the front row, but everything went downhill from there, as he lost positions and finished just out of points, on 11th place... Everyone were silent when he came back to the garage. Gasly was furious, and it was clear to see, especially that Fernando got 3rd and Esteban 5th. It was really bad...
-What do you think you're doing?!- he snapped at Katelynn Chalamet - his strategist.
-Perdon?!- she raised brow at him, while the rest of the team stayed silent, too scared to say anything, as they never have seen Pierre so angry before.
-That disaster of a race it's your fault! Once again, your strategy was stack of bullshit!- he was fumming with range, but Kat was having none of if...
-My strategy? MY STRATEGY!!? Then let me remind you, that you've almost won in Baku, because of MY DAMN STRATEGY!- she yelled at him too, and stood up from her stool, to be on his eye level, right in front of him -All the team is working their asses off every single day to keep this car going and let you race, but all you can do is putting the blame on us! I would be thankfull if I was you, because you still race in top 20 of the best drivers in whole world, unlike your previous teammate, Kviat! And just to let you know, we're all tired of your attitude! You better watch and analyse these time sheets instead of yelling at me, and do your damn work!! EVERY race weekend I'm on your every call, being your support through thick and thin, and all I get is being yelled at!! I'm sorry, but I'm fed up of this Pierre!- she rambled in pure anger, putting Gasly in his spot and leaving everyone else speachless -I'm telling you this now, you'll change your attitude and behavour, or I'm telling Franz when we're back in the factory, that I want to change garages! Zak and Andreas want me in McLaren for some time now, but I stayed loyal to you ever since your drop out from Red Bull! They see my work and apreaciate it way more than my own driver does!! And I'm starting to think, that my decision was a huge mistake!!- she yelled, not giving him any moment to react or say anything, and when she finished, Kat pushed Pierra back a bit, and stormed out of the garage. Everyone remained silent, looking after her, Pierre included. He wasn't even mad anymore, as Kat made him relise what was right. At that moment, Gasly knew.. He messed up, big time...

....
Kat tried to avoid Pierre for next two days as much as possible, when the team got back to the factory. Of course, she worked with him, but her voice was cold and stern, as she spoke, avoiding personal subjects. It felt like a torture for Pierre, but he tried to make a good face anyway.
-Kat, wait!- he stopped her that Wednesday morning, when debrief ended and everyone left the room, to get back to their own work.
-What do you want Gasly?- she asked him coldly, not looking at him, but also not leaving.
-I want to apologise..- he replied, as he went along the table, and stood before her with sorrow and regret evident on his face and in his eyes -I took my anger out on you, when you never deserved, and never will deserve it... I shouldn't have done that, as I'm the one to blame, not anyone in the team, not you... I'm sorry and I don't expect you to forgive me instantly, but please... Don't be so cold to me, because it breaks my heart!- Pierre rambled, looking her in the eye, almost in tears.
-You think you've learned your lesson?- she replied, fighting with urge to smile and Pierre wigorously nodded, wanting nothing more, than fix their relationship.
-Sill'vou plait Kat... I'm really sorry! Just don't leave me and the team, over some stupid argument! I promise, it'll never happen again!- he pleaded, looking almost like he's going to fall on his knees and beg her to stay.
-Ok P. I'm not going to do it- she assured him and added -I don't think I would be able to do that anyway...- Kat said and gave him a gentle hug. Pierre smiled and returned the hug, hiding his face in her hair and shoulder -I'd never leave you...- she was certain, that she belonged to his side. Katelynn felt safe and at home in his arms, holding her tightly.
Then Pierre took her by surprise and placed short but gentle and sweet kiss on her neck and whispered:
-I love you...- she heard him and froze, her heart beating fast in her chest.
-I'm sorry, I shouldn't have...- Gasly rambled next, and pulled away, when she didn't say anything.
-You really don't know why I stayed by your side for so long, don't you?- Kat chuckled with amazement and gentle smile, this time being the one to shock him -I stayed loyal to you and the team, even though placement at McLaren was very apealing, because I love you...- she clearified and then leaned in, to kiss him softly on the lips. But when she wanted to pull away, Pierre wrapped his arms around her waist and returned the kiss, keeping her in place. They smiled into the kiss and wanted to stay in that moment forever... They felt happier than ever before...
-I love you too P- Kat whispered once more, and Pierre cupped her cheek gently in his hand.
-Je'atame mon Amour...- he replied and kissed her sweetly and lovingly.
-I think we should get back to work...?
-I hate to say it, but you're right- Pierre agreed and kissed her forehead, smiling at each other. After that, they left the room, and actually returned to work, in completely different moods than before. They knew that, from now on, they will be happy... Together...
THE END

Something sweet and sour with our favourite Frenchman!
I hope you like it...
Have a nice day! / Goodnight!
F.