#8 Charles - First race

BRYNN POV: The next years had passed VERY quickly, and before we knew it, the twins were already 20 years old, and their younger brother just reached 18... Benji is splited image of Charles and people are pointing it out since he made his first debiut in the F1 paddock when he was just 1.5 years old...
And now... Now my little baby boy is 18 and is going to make his first F1 debiut! As a driver! And once again, Benjamin is following his fathers' footsteps, as he'll be driving for Alfa Romeo Sauber... I'm so damn proud of him...!!! Such a goal, about which many others can only dream of, and he did that not even 18, as they signed him before his 18th birthday...
-Benji! It's me! Can I come in?- I shouted, staying outside of his hotel room. Right now we're again in Bahrain, for the first race of the new season. After that I heard shuffling around for a bit, and maybe 5 seconds later, I came face to face with my only son.
-Hi mum- he smiled weakly at me, and then, without more words, he stepped back to let me in. He wasn't looking particularly happy, as I thought he would be in his first official day with Alfa... I closed the door behind me, and he sat down on the bed. The whole room was clean and his personal things were most likely still in one of his bags.
-Hey monkey, what is it?- I joined him there, and placed comforting hand on his shoulder.
-It's nothing- he shrugged it off, and stood up, to stand in front of the large mirror, plastered on one of the wardrobe 1be doors. That was when I saw his look.. Full of doubt and anexiety...
I sighed and stood up, to stand beside him.
-What's bothering you, monkey? You can tell me everything, remember?- I assured him, placing comforting hand on his shoulder and Benji sighed deeply.
-I feel like I'm not good enough to be here... Many other drivers are better than me, and they're still stuck in the f2 or lower... - he murmured and hung down his head, not daring to look at me.
-What?! Stop that noncence right there monkey!- I scoffed at him, and then turned him to my direction by his arm, followed by lifting his chin up a bit, in gentle manner, to be able to look him in the eye -You're one of the best racing drivers I ever saw! And I saw many, as I followed your father every step of the way to F1! You, my dear Ben, are real gem, and Alfa Romeo is very lucky to have you under their wing! Believe in yourself a bit, will y'a?
-You're saying this because you're my mum!- he mumbled, not convinced.
-Benjamin Charles Ambrose Bellamy Leclerc!- I hufed in shock -I can spot a talent when I see it! I saw it in your dad and uncle Arthur when they were little kids! And think where that talent and ambicion took them! Your dad scored 3 World Championships and uncle Arthur 2! And you... You have the same, or even bigger talent than both of them combined! Believe me, you deserve to be here, because you worked really hard for it, no matter what!- I told him sternly and then added -You're my future world champion monkey! Don't forget that! Ever!
-Merci mum..- he smiled and wrapped me in tight hug.
-You're welcome honey...- I whispered and hugged him back.
That was when Benji's older sister, Julienne barged through the door, with Charles following her soon after.
-Come on, Ben! We need to go! Or you want to go to all those interviews and FP1 with empty stomach!- she treathened him, and I stepped back, in order to let him turn around. Charles and Jules stopped in theirs tracks, with lips slightly agape.
-You look just like dad!
-Thanks Jul. I think I'm well aware of it!- Ben chuckled, and then fixed his hair just like Charles tends to do a lot of times.
-Ready to go, Ben?- Charles asked him, himself already dressed in Ferrari shirt and some jeans, without usual cap on his head.
-I guess..- our son chuckled, fidgeting with hem of his bordo-white Alfa Romeo shirt.
-Come on! It'll be fun!- he assured Ben with light smile.
-If you say so, dad...- Benji agreed and soon after all four of us left the hotel, to get to the track. This year, season oppener will be Bahrain again, so it should be fun...

....
At the circuit we ate very nice and well balanced breakfast in Ferrari hospitality, and then Charles took Benji with him, to talk about today, and what's going on.
-He's nervous?
-As hell- I sighed and Jules chuckled.
-He shouln't be- she smiled and added -He's driving even better than dad, or uncle Lando! He'll be fine!
-I hope so...- I agreed, and gave her side hug.
-Don't worry mum. Benji was born to be next F1 star, we both know it!
-He's super glad that you're so supportive for him Julie...
-I know. He's my little brother after all!- she joked, and we laughed, less stretesd than before.
After an hour, or so, the first session of the year started... Just before it, we wished both Benji and Charles good luck and have fun, followed by tight hugs and then stepped back, not to interupt anything...
I held my fingers crossed for both of my boys for whole sesson.. As I couldn't be in 2 places at the same time, I asked Jules to keep an eye on her father in Ferrari garage, while I opted on paying a visit to Alfa Romeo's one... Everything was going on smoothly as ever, and it made me really happy... It made me happy, as I knew how much fun it brings to my boys...
THE END

And the next one shot is here!
This time about next generation of Leclercs' coming to F1!
Feel free to comment, down below!
Have a nice day! / Goodnight!
F.