#39 Mick - Cheater

A little note. I know that Mick dropped out of school to persue his racing career, but for this One Shot, I need him, again, to do otherwise, so he's attending Uni here.
With this being said, enjoy!
F.

MADDIE POV.: I thought that it's going to be usuall Monday, like all of them. But I was SO wrong...
To get ready for my next lecture, I slowly went to my locker. I couldn't spot nether Mick, James or any of my friends anywhere, so I went there alone, deep in thoughts. Nobody stopped me, and I was kinda greatefull for that. I had a lot to think about, as many things happened resently... I have some problems with one of my lectures, and to add that, James is acting strange... He doesn't want to spend so much time with me anymore, and he used to be annoyed that I study so much, instead of spending some "quality time" with him, is not eating lunches with me in cafeteria that often, and he's also more focused on his phone than before... I know I shouldn't bother about it that much, but it's still strange...
I almost got to my locker, when I heard more than familiar voice very near me, just in next corridor.
-James?! What is he doing there?! He's not having any lectures in that area today...?- I mumbled to myself, and feeling suspicious, I quietly went closer. I got lucky, because all the chaos on the corridors helped me to mute "clicks" of my high heels. When I got nearer, I heard him saying:
-You should keep quiet, if you don't want anybody to see us...- he laughed to someone, what made me wonder.
-With who he's talking to?- I asked myself again, and ducked my head behind the corner. And it was a huge mistake, as I saw him, my own boyfriend, kissing passionately another girl. Actually, not just another girl, but MICK'S GIRLFRIEND, ANITA!
-No way!- I breathed out, and hid myself again.
-What?- I heard Anita say, so they had to pull back.
-Nothing. I thought I heard someone...
-Don't bother sweetheart, it's a long break, many students are outside of the classrooms...- she said confidently, and a little cockyngly.
-You're probably right.. Stupid me..- he's remark made Anita giggle, and I'd cut my pinky finger off, if he didn't put on that cocky and charming smile. Then, they probably started to kiss again, but I didn't dare to look again. I knew that something was off with him for some time now, and here I have a proof that I wasn't mistaken.. But out off all the girls, why Anita!? Did he wanted to get on Mick's nerves too..? Or maybe the problem was the close friendship I have with Schumacher? James used to be a little jealous of that, but I thought we talked it through...?!
-I need to tell Mick!- I mumbled, and without second thought, I started to quickly walk through the hallways, with my heart racing rapidly in my chest.
-Where are you Mickey?!- I nervously murmured under breath, as I "scaned" the corridors. As for clue, my phone dinged. I quickly got it out of my pocket, to see text from Schumacher himself:

From MICKEY 😇😊: I'm in cafeteria. I hope you join me...? 

Without replying, I stormed in that direction. Again, I was greatefull that nobody stopped me, to ask what's wrong. That way, I could quickly get to my destination, unbothered.
When I finally reached the right room, I found Mick in just few seconds. Maybe because of all the longing gazes most of the girls were shooting in his direction, or maybe cuz' he's sitting on our regular table, where we always eat our lunches.
-Mick...!- I paned, as I reached him. My best friend lifted his gaze from pasta he was eating, and looked at me.
-I got you your favourite...- he started, but then saw my stern expresion and uneven breath -You've been running? What happened?- he asked me, concerned and worried. He's blue like sky in shiny day eyes said it all...
-I just saw..- I started, but then stopped myself -You remember how I told you that James is acting strange lately, and you agreed with me, adding that Anita is just the same?- he just nodded, not interupting me, but a confused frown painted his handsome face -Then I have our answer why... 
-Then tell me, but first maybe sit down..? You look tired...
-Later! Listen, I just saw James AND Anita, in the empty corridor, kissing passionately, almost makeing out- like! They cheated on us both, behind our backs!- I told him everything, my gaze not leaving his.
-You sure it was them?
-Yeah! I know James like the back of my hand, and because of your long relationship with Anita, I know her quite well too!- I said, a little annoyed and added -And what we're going to do about it?- I looked at him with hope.
-They're here..- he replied.
-What?! Where?- I quickly looked behind myself, to, indeed, see James and Anita walking in, laughing and talking like nothing between them happened. Thankfully, they didn't see us yet...
-Trust me?
-Yeah, why...- I couldn't finish my sentence, when unexpeditly, Mick pulled me down, straight onto his lap. When it happened, I placed my right hand on his shoulder for a little support -What are you doing?- I asked him next, in husked voice.
-Wanna let them taste their own medicine?- he replied not directly, with stern, but soft expresion on his face. I needed just seconds to realise what he meant...
-Ok...- I agreed quickly, and my heartrate rased unvolountarly. But before I could add anything more, Mick interupted me:
-Sorry for that...- he said quickly, and before I knew it, I felt his soft lips on mine, in tender and gentle kiss. For instance I returned it, and wrapped my left arm around his neck, while I left my right one on his chest, above his heart. It felt suprisingly good, kissing him like that... Firstly I was worried that it'll feel strange and forced, as we're close friends, but none of it happened! It was actually nice... And I think, for the first time in my whole life, I felt those "butterflies" in my stomach, and my heart was fliping happily in my chest. And none of it happened with James...
That kiss was actually short, but for me felt like forever. Nothing mattered at that moment, not even the fact that at least half of school cafeteria was looking directly at us...
-Uhm! What you two think you're doing?!- our little "bubble" was quickly broken, as we heard Anita's annoyed and irritated voice close to us. We hesistated for a moment, and then slowly pulled back. Then, I turned on Mick's lap in their direction, still having my arms around his neck, and his around my waist.
-What?- I looked at their irritated faces.
-Maddie, what the hell?! Why do you kiss MY BOYFRIEND!?- she squealed like angry little girl.
-Maybe because you cheated on me with hers?!- Mick replied to her in "matter of fact" tone, looking pretty annoyed with her behaviour.
-What are you talking about! Me?! With HIM?!- she pointed at James.
-Yeah Mad, what the fuck!? I would never...
-Stop. Don't ever bother with ending that sentence and lying to me... AGAIN!- right now I felt really angry at both of them. At James because he cheated, of course, and at Anita, because she hurted my best friend, for whom I care dearly.. 'Only a friend...?!'- that annoying voice interupted my thoughts, but I ignored it. I had a way more important problem in front of me to solve first...
-Baby...!?- he whined -When I lied to you?
-Don't "Baby" me, that's first, and second, you really wanna know?!- I rased my voice -For at least a month you act distant, ignore me, you're constantly sitting on your phone, texting someone, and I'm pretty sure it was her...! Want me to count more?!- I was really pissed at that moment... And he dares to act innocent after all of that!?
-Mad...
-We're OVER James! Go, and have fucking fun with Anita!
-Micky...- blonde whined, looking at Mick with pleading eyes -It was just once...
-Once too much- he said coldly and added -Besides, I don't believe you anymore... No more second chances Ann! I have someone way more special and trustfull by my side already...- he said, and we looked each other in the eye at the same time, with small smiles. He was right... I never needed James in my life, when all that time I had Mick so close to me...
-And you're just gonna break up with me, for that bitch!?
-Don't insult Maddie like that, that's first, and second, I already did...- Mick replied, he's gaze not leaving mine.
-You'll regret this!- they yelled in unision, and stormed of the room, very angry.
That's when we realised, that everyone went silent, and were focused on our big argument.
-Wanna eat somewhere more private?- I asked him and fixed a stand of hair, which got on my face, behind my ear.
-Sure- he agreed, and we quickly packed his pasta and my greek salad, and left the room hand in hand, not looking behind. 
Without many words, we went across the school, and hid ourselves on small balcony on school's roof, about which nobody knows, or remembers. Our safe and quiet place...
We got comfy there, and ate our lunch in complete, but comfortable silence. 
-Maddie... / Mick...- we started at the same time, when we finished our food. That made us both chuckle lightly.
-I think we need to talk...- Mick said, and I just nodded, knowing very well where this conversation might lead us..
-I'm sorry for Anita...
-Don't be. It's her fault, and she should be sorry, not you..! Just like that dickhead of a guy, who used to be your boyfriend...- Mick replied sternly, but his expresion was soft. We never actually could be angry at one another, even when we were in primary school...
-Yeah, you're right...- I agreed with him, and looked in the distance for a moment -About that kiss...
-Yeah, sorry about that..- he quickly apologised, scraching his head nervously, blush red like Ferrari painting his cheeks.
-Don't be- I mimicked his ealier words -I actually enjoyed it, however it sounds..- it was mine turn to blush heavily, so I bowed my head a little, to hide it with my hair.
-And if... I would like to do that again, what would you do...?- he shyly asked, lifting my chin a little with his hand, that much for our gazes to lock.
-I think...- I hesistated for a moment -I think I'd kiss you back...- my voice was barerly a whisper, but we're alone here, so Mick probably heard it pretty well. And his actions spoke more than words, as he got closer to me, and gently placed his lips on mine, but still gave me a room to pull back. This tiny gesture made me smile into the kiss, as I happily returned it. It fekt suprisingly normal to have Mick close like that, kissing him and all that... I think I loved him way before today, but never actually realisted it...

....
After a cute and gentle make out session, we pulled back and smiled at each other happily.
-If I tell you right now that I love you, what would you do?
-I'd most certanly said that I love you too Maddie- Mick replied with huge smile on his face.
-Good- that was my only answer, before I kissed him again, but shortly this time.
Then, we pulled one another in tight hug, and spent the rest of the lunch break just like that, cuddled to each other, with our back pressed to the wall behind us, immersed in light and normal conversation about small and basic things. It was really good and relaxing time...
After the break was over, we stood up, cleaned our "dinning area" and got back to the class. Only difference was, that Mick held my hand in his, and we couldn't stop ourselves from shooting each other loving and very meaningfull gazes. We also ostentatiously ignored angry looks from James and Anita. None of them mattered to us anymore... From now on, we just needed our true friends and each other, no one else...
THE END

Maddie and Mick got little revange on their second halves..
But I think that this whole situation did them good...
Tell me what you think in the coments!
Have a nice day! / Goodnight!
F.