#65 Checo - Wedding

MARISOL POV.: I can't believe that it's today... Today, Sergio and I will say to each other the sacramental yes, on the altar! How it went so fast?!

I am already almost 8 months pregnant with our son, and I quit my job somehow in the middle of the sixth month so as not to overwork too much. Since then, I have been "working" at home and Checo got another PR to replace me. I didn't really like this change, but unfortunately I had no choice... All the best for our son...
However, as of today, there were also a few changes... Officially, for 2 weeks we have everything ready for today's wedding, in tip top. I am happy because I was a bit worried about it, if we could manage everything together with Checo's constant trips to the races, but luckily we made it!
Fortunately, everything is buttoned up to the last button, so I have nothing to stress. For obvious reasons, I gave up the typical hen party and ended up with a movie night full of laughs and chats. Despite the fact that I sleep much more than I used to during pregnancy, I was not even a bit tired! As for the hen and bachelor parties themselves, Sergio and I decided that it would be safer and wiser to "set off" them two days before the wedding. In this way, we will avoid the fact that half of the guests will be hungover after the previous day...
Today, Checo and I are separated, because he is preparing at his parents' house, and I am at our place. Anyway, it is common knowledge that a woman needs a lot more things and space to get ready... I know that maybe not for myself, but after the mess we made before Mackenzie and Max's wedding..?! As for Kenzie, she's my bestest of friends ever since me and Sergio joined the Red Bull family. Verstappen as my maid of honour has been the main help for the last month of preparations because Checo and I were so into too many things at once, that we almost forgot the basics. Max also helped so that his wife was not doing all the work!
The girls, Kenzie, Paola and Brynn are coming to us today to help me with the dress and etc, and Checo's "guards" will be Max and his brother, Antonio. Everyone enjoys our wedding and reception very much. I have the impression that some of them were sure of it already during our close friendship?! Kenzie especially, which made me feel like strangling her more than once in the past, but now i just laugh at it.

It's 10am and our wedding is 3pm. Girls should be here any minute and I'm still parading in my pj's!? And probably the first thing they'll do is rush me to the bathroom for a relaxing bath...?!
Literally at the same time that this statement came to mind, someone rang the doorbell.
-I'm coming, I'm coming!- I shouted as the impatient chime repeated. Eventually, however, I got to the door and opened it. On the threshold I found the whole holy trinity in the person of my future husband's sister and two friends.
-Hey Girls! Come on in!- I let them in right away and closed the door tightly behind them.
-What took you so long to open, huh?!- Paola asked me tartly, after I said hello to each of them.
-I'll tell you that, I don't weigh as little as I used to!- I huffed, making the four of us laugh.
-Right, how is the baby boy?!- Brynn asked me anxiously, placing her hand on my stomach.
-He's moving, but it's probably out of excitement...- I replied, and at the same moment the little one kicked perfectly where Warren's hand rested.
-He's strong!- She looked at me with huge eyes.
-Well! He definitely has strength after Dad!?- I nodded, which caused another wave of laughter. A moment later, however, we calmed down.
-It's fun, but it's time to take care of you...- Kenzie asked me with a slight smile -Go to the bathroom, relax and leave the rest to me ...- she added, squeezing my arm a little.
-I trust you, love- I nodded, smiling casually at Verstappen's indicated package containing my gown. She picked it up yesterday after the last seamstress's corrections so that the tummy would not get in the way. And since Checo could not see her through superstition, she had her all the time. In fact, I relied on Mackenzie and locked myself in the bathroom for another 40 minutes, giving the girl a chance to show off with everything...

....
After I left the bathroom, I went into the bedroom, where lively conversations came from. I found all three of them in a rather messy room, among bags and boxes, muttering something under their breaths every now and then.
-How are you feeling? Ready?- Kenzie asked me, seeing me in the doorway.
-I probably won't be more...- I nodded, so my friend sat me on a chair in front of the dressing table.
-Close your eyes, relax and let us do our magic, and you will not regret it!- the brunette said confidently in her voice, placing her hands on my shoulders and rubbing them lightly.
-Do your thing- I trusted them without hesitation. After all, they are my best friends and Mackenzie is my maid of honour as well! Everything will be alright, I can feel it!
The minutes passed and the girls were "doing their job", and I was sitting in white underwear and a bathrobe, and white high heels. Paola focused on my makeup and Kenzie took over my hairstyle.
-And ready! You can open your eyes- said Paola, clearly smug. I listened to them and was left speechless when I saw my reflection in the mirror. I looked gorgeous! Light but very feminine makeup, intricate hairstyle...
-And what do you think?- Brynn asked me, grinning.
-I have no words...- I said, smiling at them.
-Told you that everything will be alright!- Kenzie replied confidently, and I only nodded.
"What time is it?" I asked the girls.
-20 after eleven. We have everything under control, take it easy- Brynn assured me.
-Now you get ready, and I will help you. I will put on the veil and the dress at the last minute- I made quick decision.
-As you want, Marisol Pérez..!- Kenzie laughed, and I sold her a jay to the side.
When all four of us stopped laughing because of it, we did as I said. The girls got ready pretty quickly, with my little but tangible help. Finally, the balance of the costumes was as follows:
Mackenzie: