#113 Carlos - "Oh, here we go again!" II

CARLOS POV.: Unfortunately, this time I couldn't be with Isabella. PROCEDURES... They took her to the operating room, and me?! I sat down in the chair in front of it, all excited. It's 2am and I feel like I just got out of bed and had a strong coffee!
I'd love to call everyone right now and tell them about everything, but I'm a normal person and we'll let them know about our happiness in the morning... I'm really glad that the little ones will be with us in a moment... And Rafael sleeps soundly at his grandparents' house, completely unaware that his sisters are going to be born! I can only imagine how surprised he will be tomorrow! And our parents do not suspect anything, because we planned with them two weeks ago that Rafe will sleep at their house! I am so excited...!

I couldn't stand it and got up from that chair to start pacing this corridor up and down, at least like some tiger locked in a cage. I was so full of energy!
The next minutes dragged on like hours, until finally Maria and the nurse left the room, each pushing a "box" or a special, transparent bed with a little human inside, so none other than my daughters! I approached them immediately.
-How are they?!- I asked Maria, looking at one angel, and the other.
-They are strong and healthy- she replied and added -After their parents...- commented -Now, together with Ela, we will take them to the examination, but not more than 15 minutes and they will be back with you...- she smiled at me sincerely.
-And Isa?- I asked about my wife's condition with pounding heart.
-Just as excited as you, admittedly a bit overwhelmed with medications because of the pains she felt, and anesthesia...- Diaz explained -She should be taken back to her room at any moment, so you can wait there for your girls...
-Gracias Maria- I smiled at the blonde.
-You're welcome!- she winked at me, then she and nurse Ela left for neonatology ward, and I watched them for a while, then I followed the doctor's advice and returned to Isabella's room, where I sat back in the armchair in waiting for my wife.
I didn't wait long, because after a while she appeared in her room, and after a few seconds she was lying comfortably on the pillows. I immediately moved to the end of her bed to be closer to her.
-Hola mi Amor...- I said gently, grabbing the clearly tired wife's hand and the other gently cupping her cheek and stroking it.
-Hey...- she smiled sweetly -How are the girls?- she asked me next, with a twinkle in her eye, despite the exhaustion.
-Strong, healthy and cute after their mom- I replied confidently, then leaned forward and kissed Isa on the nose. She huffed with laughter, amused.
-Since when I'm cute?!- she tried to pretend outraged, with a little poor result.
-Ever since I know you- I replied with an all-knowing face. Nothing like a conversation like this at almost 3 in the morning...
-Is that so!?- she continued laughing, and I followed her.
-Yes- I nodded, then added -How are you feeling?!- I asked her with concern, getting serious.
-And will you lie down next to me?- she replied with a question to the question.
-What's that got to do with anything?!- I raised my right eyebrow.
-Por favor...!- she replied, ignoring my words. I sighed, but complied with her request, laying down beside her and hugging her.
-Well?! Will you answer me finally?! - I looked into her glittering eyes.
-Now the best...- she smiled broadly -Although, for full happiness I miss twins and Rafe...- answered after a reflection.
-Then one longing is gone!- Maria commented, entering the room with the little ones before I spoke. We looked at her with smiles. Diaz pushed one crib, and the nurse I met earlier, Ela, the other. Isabella and I both rose from the pillows.
-Do you have names?!- she asked as they stopped next to us.
-Yes- we answered in unison, looking into each other's eyes with sparkling eyes, then looking at the blonde.
-This baby was born first...- Ela said, handing Isa one of the twins.
-Giovanna Eloisa...- Isabella said with pride in her eyes, hugging the little one to her.
-And the second one, only 3 minutes later....- Maria turned to me. I took over the little one with ease, as did my wife, hugging my daughter to me.
-Lilianna Itzitery...- announced with a broad smile. We were so happy...
Satisfied, Ela and Maria wrote the names on "lists" attached to the cots, then the doctor looked at us:
-The young ones are fine, they are healthy and their weight is within the textbook limits. Gio weighs 2,300, and Lily not much less, because 2,200 - she said, pointing to the girls one by one -I don't have to show you the method of feeding and other instructors...?!- at her words, all 4 of us laughed quietly.
-Not really- Isa replied, letting Giovanna grasp her index finger.
-We can handle it- I backed up my wife's statement calmly, looking only briefly at the doctor myself, because at that moment all my attention was drawn to Lily, lying in my arms. She was so petite and tiny...
-I do not doubt it- she nodded and added -Now we will leave you alone, but if you need anything, let me know. We will write out the birth certificates in the morning...- she smiled and together with Ela headed for the door.
-Gracias Maria...- we smiled at the blonde, looking at her for a moment.
-You're welcome! I just helped!- he winked at us, smiling innocently, then left, leaving us alone. After that, the twins had ALL our attention...We lay in silence for a good moment, unable to contemplate the two angels in our hands.
-Our beloved ...- Isa said, smiling slightly.
-Ours and only ours!- I nodded, looking away from Lily for a moment and kissing my wife on the forehead.
-What's the time?!- Isa asked me in a whisper, lulling Gio in her arms. I looked at the watch on my wrist, skillfully holding my daughter with one hand.
-After 3...- I commented, and at the same moment Isa yawned.
-Let's put them to sleep and go to sleep- I turned to my wife. -This night was definitely not easy...- I said, and then I put another kiss on Izzy's head.
-All right- she agreed, then yawned a second time. So we said nothing more, just focused on putting the twins to sleep.
Fortunately, the little ones fell asleep quickly, so we both kissed them on their foreheads, then put them in their beds, carefully covering them with quilts. Then we both lay down on Isabella's hospital bed and my wife hugged me. Years ago, we noticed that she falls asleep better when I'm next to her. She just feels safe with me and I'm very happy about it... After all, I love her like a madman and the most important thing for me is the safety and well-being of my family...
So I put my arms around her tightly, letting her cuddle up to me, swapping the pillow for my shoulder.
-Te quiero mucho mi Amor...- I whispered, kissing her tenderly on the head.
-Te quiero tanto también Carlito...- she replied sleepily, and a moment later I could feel her calm breath on my neck. I smiled and, cuddling her up against me, I fell asleep. We both wanted to get as much sleep as possible before the little ones wake up and want to eat... We will have poor sleep and holes in sleep again, but to be honest I'm looking forward to it...! Still a part of me can't believe that the twins are already in the world with us...! We'll see what else fate has in store for us... Nothing less, we're both excitedly waiting for it, whatever it may be...
THE END

And now Carlos and Isabella are parents of three!
How crazy can that be?
With him still racing?!
I'm sure that their life won't be boring or easy...!
Have a nice day! / Goodnight!
F.