It's Jennie birthday

Start from the beginning

"Should we pick her up? I can make a quick turn here."

"Uhm.. You don't have to... She's with Kai."

"She's what??" Lisa was unconsciously speeding up, "I thought she expected Jisoo to come??"

"She did!" Rosé tried to calm Lisa down, "She.. She probably already knew that Jisoo wouldn't come. I mean it's pretty obvious..."

"Of course she has a back up." Lisa said sarcastically, "We shouldn't expect any less from her."

"Lisa, please let it slide this time. It's her birthday..."

"No, I mean there's nothing wrong with it. She probably has made up her mind. She can leave my friend alone now. At last. Good for Jisoo..."

"Hey..." Rosé stroked Lisa's arm gently, "Just keep it cool, alright? Just for tonight?"

Lisa didn't give her an answer and she kept the high speed until they arrived at the restaurant.

                    ***

It wasn't a great evening at all. Her girlfriend looked like a volcano that was about to erupt at any moment. Her best friend looked like a miserable widow who had just buried her husband before hosting this dinner. Luckily not everyone noticed the gloomy clouds hanging above the two except for Bona.

"Hey... Glad that you're coming..." Rosé tried to make a conversation.

"Glad to be here with you... I can't stay for long, though..." Bona smiled and then glanced at Kai with a subtle displeasure on her face.

Jennie invited their usual circle this time, along with Lisa, Bona and Kai. Kai eagerly made his way to win Jennie's friends. He led the conversation on the table and since he didn't get the energy back from Lisa and Bona, he now focused his attention on their IB friends. Eun Woo and Doyeon were exceptionally very fond of him.

"You look good together," said Eun Woo, "Are you guys getting back together?"

Kai smiled and then looked at Jennie affectionately. The latter was too deep in her own thoughts, she didn't aware that they were talking to her.

"Princess..." Kai tried to get Jennie involved into the conversation.

Bona cringed and Lisa looked so done; Rosé stroked her girlfriend's lap lightly to calm her down.

"Sorry..." Jennie turned around to Kai, "You were saying?"

"Are you guys getting back together?" Eun Woo repeated his question.

Jennie just cackled nervously.

"Congratulations, Jennie... and Kai..." Lisa sneered at Jennie, "He suits you well."

Jennie quickly replied, "We're not there yet..."

"It's okay, Jennie... Don't be shy..." Lisa sassed and then she turned to Kai, "You're taking care of your 'Princess' well?"

Kai seemed didn't notice the tension between Lisa and Jennie, he smiled, "We're working on it."

"Great! Team work makes the dream works!"

"Ahahaha!" Rosé laughed dryly in an attempt to save the situation.

"Uhm..." Bona tried to break the rhythm, "So Kai, how many days has it been since you're back in Seoul?"

While Bona distracted Kai and the others from Lisa and Jennie, the two girls continued arguing.

"Tell your friend she doesn't have to be shy to announce her new relationship." said Lisa to Rosé.