Forgive me - smut

Words: 1455

Warnings: cursing, minor masochism maybe, I don't know

Yeah uh sorry I've been gone so long, I've been working on a bunch of new oneshots, dealing with a load of new shit and I've got exams coming up this week so I need to revise too...

Anyway, here take this I guess

Sorry it's so short

Human Fell

Mettaton huffs sharply as he steps into the kitchen, hoodie unzipped and billowing around behind him with each movement. Alphys and Undyne watch in silence, exchanging glances, as he reaches up into one of the cupboards above his head, snatching one of his favourite mugs before making himself a cup of tea.

"Who managed to piss you off this early?" He sighs deeply at the smirk in Undyne's voice, looking back at her over his shoulder before turning and pulling himself up to sit on the countertop, one leg hooked over the other, tea in hand.

"No one, don't worry, just woke up in a bad mood I guess." Undyne raises a brow but for once doesn't pry, simply nodding and dropping her focus back down to her coffee. Alphys just lets out a breath she hadn't even realised she had been holding.

It isn't long before Papyrus enters the kitchen, practically dragging Sans with him, ignoring his lazy older brother's mumbled, half-asleep protests. The taller of the brothers locks eyes with Mettaton, seconds slowing down until Papyrus looks away, a tinge of guilt on his face. Alphys' eyes narrow.

At some point, after around half an hour, Sans slips away from the group, using some kind of excuse to escape the house, the front door more or less slamming shut behind him. Undyne is next to follow, sparing Papyrus an almost sympathetic glance and two short pats on his shoulder as she passes him, the closest she's ever gotten to showing anyone, minus of course Alphys, anything close to affection.

The blonde woman in question stands once Undyne has left the kitchen, gesturing for Papyrus to accompany her for a moment. He does so, an air of reluctance around him. She stops in the front room, turning back to face him, arms crossed over her chest, eyes narrow, expression set firm.

"What did you do?" Papyrus hardly catches himself about to flinch at the harsh tone of her voice, for some reason. Her accusatory question hangs in the air alone for a moment, the atmosphere thickening, before Papyrus clears his throat.

"Nothing that I am aware of."

"Oh please." Alphys barks out a sharp, short laugh before taking a breath. "I think you forget that Mettaton is still essentially a brother to me, even if we fight more than most, so I know his signs. Not to mention you looked guilty for something when you walked in. So, I'll ask one more time. What did you do?"

Papyrus sighs deeply to himself, knowing full well Alphys isn't about to drop the situation any time soon, as much as he wants to avoid telling her the real reason for the rift between the two boys. An old anxious habit makes a return as he runs a hand down the back of his head and neck.

"Don't worry about what I did exactly, I'm gonna make it up to him."

"You better. I'm warning you now though, if you did something to upset him, you'll be at the mercy of the devil himself before you can say 'fuck'." Without another word, Alphys leaves, tension hanging heavy in the air of the living room. Papyrus taps his toes against the wooden floor, another old habit, something he actually picked up from Mettaton how ever long ago it was.

Mettaton.

Shit.

Papyrus mutters a string of curses under his breath, pacing back and forth, before giving himself a sharp pinch as a method of grounding himself, taking a deep breath and strolling back into the kitchen, barely passing the doorframe.