Say Yes - fluff

Words: 632

Video above is recommended but not necessary at all, but that's the song that Mettaton's singing here, and yeah it's this cover specifically just because I love Tyler's voice...

Update: please let me know if you can or can't see the video, I know it's there because I added it in the draft but when I go to check the chapter (because yes I do sometimes reread my own work, so what) I can't see the video and I want to make sure you can all see it even if I can't. Also, if you've had this problem before where you've added a video but the readers can't see it, please let me know, especially if you fixed it in some way

Thanks a bunch, now onto the fluffiness

This is it.

Mettaton's last show of the year.

Surely there's no better time for this.

Papyrus gulps backstage as the star speaks up, his voice propelled by his microphone.

"As always, I want to thank you all so much for coming out here tonight, it means a whole lot to us all. Unfortunately, this will be our last song not only of this show, but of this year, though I'm sure we'll all be able to enjoy this upcoming year as much as we hopefully have done with this one, if not more. Anyway, I'm sure many people here have a very special someone in your lives, someone who you may think of when you hear a song like this. I know I do. So, this song goes out to all of those folks!"

He nods over his shoulder to a friend behind him on the stage, who mimics the action before strumming a few chords on the ukulele in their hands.

The last song has begun.

This is Papyrus' cue.

The crowd sing the lyrics back to Mettaton, who still seems to enjoy every second of each show, filling the air with muddled voices and mixing words. Those same lyrics wash over Papyrus, bringing memories to the front of his mind and a smile onto his lips.

The last four years, some of the happiest times in his life so far, appear before him once more, snapshots chronologically in line. His first time meeting Mettaton, and the joy that had flooded his heart for the rest of the day. When he finally built up the courage to ask Mettaton on a date, only to be beat to it by the star himself. That first time he got to see Mettaton truly blush, trying to hide his cheeks and smile behind his hands as he chuckled after one surprisingly good flirting attempt on Papyrus' half. The first kiss the two had shared, under a gorgeous midnight sky, hidden away in a nearby park, watching the stars glisten high above.

Hopefully, one day, Papyrus will be able to look back and see this night and more among the others.

The song starts to approach its closing, Mettaton's eyes closing softly as he sings, a habit he's held onto since the beginning of his career, something that used to help him overcome any nerves he felt while performing, another little detail about him that Papyrus simply adores, and after a deep breath which doesn't help at all as well as a gentle, reassuring pat on the shoulder and nod from another of Mettaton's friends and colleagues backstage, Papyrus steps out onto the stage, footsteps hidden by the boosted music. A few murmurs from the crowd slip in among the lyrics, and Papyrus gulps as he settles in front of his boyfriend, thankfully still undetected, getting down onto one knee, fiddling with the box between his fingers for a few seconds before opening it, facing the singer. At this, plenty of gasps and excited whispers ripple through the audience, their voices becoming giddy as the song closes.

Mettaton smiles softly as he opens his eyes, which immediately widen when they land on Papyrus. He covers his face for a second, eyes wide, sparking terror in Papyrus' stomach, his heart sinking, before stepping forward and grabbing the collar of his shirt, pulling him into a kiss, his arms wrapping around Papyrus' neck. A relieved smile almost rising and breaking the kiss, Papyrus lets his hands fall to Mettaton's waist, snaking around him, somehow blocking out the deafening cheers and screams of the crowd.

The two slowly pull away, Papyrus lifting Mettaton's left hand and slipping the ring over his fourth finger, meeting his lips again gladly.

Yep, tonight's getting added to the list for sure.

Again, I'm sorry these chapters are so short at the moment, except the Halloween one I didn't even know I would be writing, but I just couldn't think of anything I could add that wouldn't make this too slow or make it drag on and become boring

Let me know if you want a part two with the actual wedding, I'd be willing to write that, it's just that I might get a couple things wrong since I haven't been to one in years, I was a child at my first one, I don't really remember the second one and I'd rather forget the third one ever happened, and the next one I'll be able to attend is in about a year or two as well

Anyway, as short as this is, I hope you enjoyed it