Laser Tag - fluff

Words: 1475

Okay so I made myself a little bit sad somehow so it's time for me to finally get around to writing the ideal date

Enjoy :)

Warning: cursing, playful 'betrayal' in laser tag (we all know this prompt, surely)

Human Underswap

Papyrus hums to himself as he taps his foot against the ground repeatedly, gaze fixed on his phone screen. Loud, electronic, sci-fi music blares out of the open doors behind him, the occasional zapping sound and garbled, edited speech cutting through randomly. His eyes dart up and across the car park every thirty seconds or so, impatience growing with each check - Mettaton should be there any second, and as cliché as it may seem, Papyrus just can't wait to see him again.

At long last, his phone vibrates in his hand, the screen lighting up to display a new text.

Metta: I'm here! Whereabouts are you? (12:03)

You: just at the entrance, you can't miss me (12:03)

The read receipt pops up, though no reply comes through, and soon enough the rapid, repetitive pattering of feet against pavement meets his ears. Papyrus turns at the sound, a smile rising to his lips, arms wide as Mettaton races towards him, hair flipping and bouncing with each step. After a few moments in each other's embraces, the two pull back, wide grins on their faces, a faint blush sparkling on Mettaton's cheeks.

They step inside the building, eyes darting around as they make their way to the front desk, Papyrus sorting out their booking. It doesn't take long for them to be let through, a guide leading them into a rather small square room with a tv screen on one wall, about fifteen chairs facing it. They take their seats at the front, waiting for the room to fill up - Undyne and Alphys agreed to come along too for a kind of 'double date' as they both called it, and who knows just how many of their friends they invited without telling Papyrus or Mettaton.

Sure enough, when the two girls walk in, deep in conversation, a crowd of about six others follow them, and Papyrus sighs deeply.

"Hey guys!" Alphys strolls over, grinning from ear to ear as she takes her seat, Undyne following close behind. The others soon follow, introductions being said for those who don't yet know each other.

Xero, a short boy with cyan hair over the left side of his face and an excited gleam in his blue eyes. Sparrow, taller than Xero, with hazel yellow eyes, whose spiked white hair is tipped with brown. Lenix, a confident, well-built boy, light blue streaks in his blond hair, one arm draped across the back of the chair to his left, which seats his boyfriend, Kenji, who pushes his square-framed glasses up his nose as he looks towards the screen on the wall, a smile on his lips, a joyful energy radiating off him in strong waves. His sister, Zodiac, flips her crimson-tipped hair out of her eyes, which appear almost red in the lighting of the room, leaning forward in her chair as she listens to the others talk among themselves. Her girlfriend, Kimari, holds her hand just out of view of the group, legs crossed over each other as she speaks.

Before long, the group settle down, and the worker in the corner looks up from their phone, acknowledging the teens in the room before starting up the safety video, which runs through the same old rules that, by now, everyone knows - no running, no climbing, no jumping, you only have a certain amounts of hits you can take before you're out and you have limited ammo, but you can heal and reload at your team's station. Run out of health, and you're out for two minutes, when you're both immune to further harm but also unable to attack other players. Oh yeah, and friendly fire is very much a real thing that can affect the tides of the battle. The side with the most points at the end wins.