'Yes Sir' - fluff?

Words: 3234

Note: there will be an a/n at the end of this chapter, so please read that as it's kinda important.

Also sorry if anyone got a notification for the title change

Thank you, and enjoy.

Papyrus' smile threatens to crack his face in half - finally, he's made it, his lifelong dream is, at long last, a reality.

From today onwards, he is officially a member of the royal guard.

He dusts his shirt down, today just being a sort of introduction, getting to meet the higher-ups and other highly-esteemed folk close to the guard, including, if Papyrus is lucky, King Asgore himself, and Papyrus just has to look at least presentable for the occasion.

Throwing his trademark scarf around his neck, he allows himself one last smile in the mirror before stepping through his door, meeting Sans in the living room. Almost immediately, Sans' eyes widen at the sight of his brother, and pride swells in Papyrus' chest once more.

"First day on the force. You excited?" Sans' low voice is thick with pride and joy to match his brother's, and Papyrus nods quickly, enthusiasm in every step. Running a gloved hand through his snow-white hair, the taller boy turns to face Sans, who wraps his arms around him tightly. Papyrus laughs lightly as he returns the gesture, soon opening the front door, waving farewell to his brother for the day.

——————————————————————————

Building loom high over Papyrus' head on all angles, blocking out the still-rising sun. He walks with purpose, a man on a mission, until he stops at the designated meet-up spot that he and Undyne, the captain of the royal guard, had agreed on.

"Heya punk!" A hand slams down on Papyrus' shoulder, making him wince slightly, and he turns his head to find the redhead in question. Her bright green eyes gleam with excitement, and, after a bit of chatter, she starts to lead the boy to wherever they need to go.

——————————————————————————

The hours drag on, but finally Papyrus and Undyne halt outside a large, white building.

"Now remember, Alphys might have company, I don't know, but be prepared for literally anything from the moment you step in. If he's here then you're gonna need to be ready, expect the unexpected and all that jazz, because I honestly think that guy can do the impossible just to spite me." Undyne takes a deep breath before knocking on the door, which, after a few seconds, slides open with a mechanical hiss.

The lights inside are near blinding compared to the shaded streets outside, protected from the sun by the skyscrapers and monuments. Papyrus blinks rapidly in response, his eyes struggling to adjust at first.

The light bounces off the tiles on the walls and floor, illuminating a large, messy table with notes strewn across it, a top-of-the-range computer hidden somewhere among them, and a much larger monitor, with several different video feeds filling up designated rectangles across the screen.

The royal scientist, Alphys, soon appears, running a hand nervously through her blonde hair, her hazel eyes behind her square glasses full of both anxiety and excitement. Her clean white lab coat billows around her legs as she walks closer to the duo in front of her, smile wide.

"H-hey Undyne, hiya P-Papyrus, you having a-a-a good first d-day on the force?" Papyrus nods in response before Undyne cuts in, apologising for the intrusion, which Alphys brushes off with ease, promising she wasn't working on anything too important.