✧Chapter 43 - Car, Rain, & Fire

Start from the beginning

"Okay!" Cat grins happily and nod, also standing up. "So you'll drive?" She asks Tori.

"Ha!" I laugh out loud, shaking my head and getting up from the floor, "Trust me, Cat, you do not want her to drive."

"Shut up..." Tori glares heatedly at me, "I um... I didn't pass my driver's test."

"Again." I add.

Cat frowns at this and tilts her head in confusion, "Why not?"

"I didn't see the old lady in the wheelchair." She admits guiltily. Cat lets out a loud gasp and covers her mouth while I laugh, making Tori defend herself quickly, "Well, I signaled before I hit her!"

Cat frowns disapprovingly at Tori just as the bell rings. Stepping aside, we let Jade open her locker and put in a book. Cat gives me a curious look and I nod with a shrug.

"Jade..." Cat calls her sweetly.

"What?"

"If my brother lets us borrow his car, will you drive Tori and me to an old lady's house after school?"

"No." Jade answers shortly, not waiting for anything else. She quickly walks past us and try to slip away, going to her next class.

"Wait, please?" Tori grabs her arm to stop her, "Cat's really sad because this actress passed away last night and-"

"I can drive." I remind them loudly with a shrug.

"Whoa! She passed away just last night?!" Jade cuts me off.

"Yeah." Cat nods.

"It's fine, I can drive." I wave Jade off.

"Hey, no, no!" Jade stops me from saying anything else, "I'll drive you guys to her house." She informs Tori and Cat with an eerie smile

"If you don't want to then I'll-"

"I said I'll drive!" She snaps at me, cutting me off again.

"Okay!" I raise my hands in surrender and step away from her.

Tori, Cat, and I share a look with each other before turn to Jade again. "Why'd you change your mind?" Tori asks her suspiciously.

"Because it's been less than twenty-four hours." Jade states calmly with a smirk, "Which means her spirit is still lingering. So I'll be able to breathe in the fumes of her soul."

"Maybe there's a bus we can take." Tori breaks the silence and suggests, earning a rapid nod from Cat.

"No!" Jade shouts, "No! I'll take you. We can leave after sundown." She states, not taking any other answer.

"Why can't we just go after school?" Tori asks.

"I don't like driving in the daylight." Jade exclaims before walking away.

Watching her walk away, Tori look back at me and ask, "She drove me to school in the daylight?"

"No, she tried to kill you in the daylight." I correct her.

"Oh, yeah."

"No one can try to kill Mona Patterson again." Cat suddenly whimpers and starts to cry again.

I stare at her with wide-eyes and shake my head, "No, no, no. I'm sorry, I'm sorry." I rub her arms comfortingly and then she hugs me again, crying on my shirt, "Please don't cry again. I'm sorry. T, can you help? I have a test after this, I gotta go."

"Sucks to be you." Tori snickers at me and tries to walk away.

"Tori, you kissed my boyfriend!" I yell loudly, bringing it up again. Okay, yeah, that's unfair. But hey, if it gets me what I want, then I don't know what fair means.