✧Chapter 3 - Stage Fighting

~Thalia's P.O.V~

"So, I'm smiling like this, right?" Cat is telling Ana, André, and I a story from her weekend

"So, I'm smiling like this, right?" Cat is telling Ana, André, and I a story from her weekend. My mind has traveled away from her story and I've zoned out for, like, the past 6 minutes, now I'm just smiling and nodding along to her. I'm just hoping she's not gonna ask me any questions cause honestly I can't be bothered to zone back in.

We walk down the stairs and I see Tori grunting, trying to shove a french horn into her locker. That seems to do the job of zoning me back to real life. I'm not sure what the hell she's doing though.

"Tori." André calls her.

"What's up?" Cat asks and Ana just waves at Tori.

"I'm having a horn problem!" Tori sighs tiredly.

I raise an eyebrow at her and turn to look at the others as we all share a look of confusion, "Elaborate." I say to her.

"Why do I have to play an instrument anyway?" Tori complains, giving up on putting the french horn in her locker.

"Everyone at Hollywood Arts has to play an instrument." Cat explains

"It's a requirement." Ana adds.

"Okay, well, I sing. My throat is my instrument." Tori says proudly, "I'm a throat player."

"Doesn't count." André points out.

"And it sounds kinda gross." Cat notes.

"Who's boyfriend did you show your throat playing?" I ask her, smirking.

"Yeah, don't say that." Ana scrunches her nose at Tori and I, shaking her head.

"Why did you pick the french horn?" André asks her.

"I don't know." Tori answers honestly, "I like french fries, french toast, fr-"

"One time when I was eating french toast at a restaurant, I started laughing," Cat starts telling another story excitingly, " and then I started choking. So the lady who ran the restaurant made me leave." Cat looks at us all and we stare at her with raised eyebrows. "So let's hear you horn." She suddenly changes the subject.

"Yeah, play that funky music, white girl."

"You know, we're half Latina." I state.

"Then hit it, muchacha." André repeats. Tori starts playing the french horn terribly. The sounds of broken notes are actually ringing in my ears. André looks confused as hell and Cat just looks like she's physically hurting.

Tori stops playing and smiles sheepishly at us, "I think it's broken."

"As a french horn player, I somehow feel offended." Ana utters out and gives her a sly smile. I chuckle at the comment, fist-bumping her.

"Here, let me fix it." André takes the french horn from Tori. He starts playing it skillfully, making Tori roll her eyes.

"It's not broken." Cat grins.