✧Chapter 20 - Sleepover at Sikowitz's

~Thalia's P.O.V.~

"Listen

"Listen." André acts, putting a hand on Tori who continues to weep, "Ms. Travis, listen to me."

"What?" Tori sobs, turning to look at him.

"This is a simple surgery. I've done this operation hundreds of times. You'll be fine." André assures her.

"But what if I'm not fine?" Tori scoffs. I furrow my eyebrows in confusion when I see Sikowitz walking up to them and stand between Tori and André. "What if I die on that operating table?" Tori exclaims, "I have three..."

"Uh-huh." Sikowitz nods casually at her.

"I have three..." Tori repeats as she starts to get weirded out.

"Uh-huh, uh-huh." Sikowitz continues nodding, getting closer to Tori.

"I have three children." Tori continues.

"Oh, I'm sorry, kids." Sikowitz stops the scene and pushes André away, "Excuse me. I don't mean to interrupt the scene, but Tori, look at the red dot I drew on this index card." He pulls out a card and shows it to Tori. She looks at him confused before looking closer at the card. All of a sudden, Sikowitz pulls the card away from her and screamed right at her face, "Boo!"

Tori screams in surprise and jumps back, falling down to the ground with a loud thud. I laugh out loud at her reaction, covering my mouth when I receive a jab from Cat who is also covering her giggles. "Sikowitz! You scared the fudge out of me!" She yells at him from her place on the floor.

Sikowitz sighs out tiredly before tossing the card away and kneeling beside Tori, "Why did you stop crying?" He questions her.

"What?!" Tori asks.

"You were playing the role of a crying woman who's just been told she's going to have surgery. Why did you break character?" He elaborates the question.

"'Cuz you interrupted our scene and screamed boo in my face!" She answers loudly, clearly annoyed.

Sikowitz rolls his eyes and pulls her up, "Tori and Andre, take your seats." He ushers them away. "I'm trying to teach you kids about method acting," He tells us, "and that means whatever character you're playing, you must stay in that character, the entire time, no matter what happens. Whether on camera or off camera, on stage or off stage, you've got to understand that-" Before he can continue the explanation, he was cut off by the be ringing, indicating the end of class. "Until tomorrow."

We all start to gather our bags and walk out of class. I've only taken three steps when I hear a defeated sigh from the stage, so I turn around to see Sikowitz, sitting sadly on the steps. I look at the others and they sigh out in annoyance, going back to their seats. "Come on, Sikowitz." Ana looks at him.

"Look, I'm sorry we disappointed you." Tori starts.

"Yeah, it's just that, we think that method acting is kinda dumb." Robbie admits.